Author Topic: The reason for our shop  (Read 18949 times)

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
Re: The reason for our shop
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 09:52:18 AM »
Yes i actually need to buy some items! Let me know when the shop is ready and i will purchase. (Really I just want to be the first to use the new shop!!!)  :evillaugh:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 09:40:04 AM »
ooooooooooh exciting!

If Phil reads this he will hide my cards   :heeee heeee:
Look forward to seeing the shop and also splurging (purely to help out you understand  ;) )
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 23:19:27 PM »
Hmmm well it's almost there  :shify: and tomorrow sometime  ;) we will have our grand shop opening   ;D ;D ;D ;D  It's me 1st shop so be gentle with me on any errors esp spelling misteeks  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 20:23:40 PM »
Its thought that maybe and possibly the shop may be up ummmm in hours  :shify: :shify: :shify:

The idea of the rescues getting the money is the same but the list is changing and all rescues that have given us their names will shortly be receiving a letter and a questionnaire because in the last year we have handed over a large amount of money to rescues on Purrs but we need to start having some accountability for the members money which we are giving away.

Tan being an accountant already keeps accounts for the site and we need some other paperwork to back it up and we also need to show that we are giving members money to rescues that are bonafide,,,,,,,,,,,ummm is that how you spell it.  ;D

Sooooooo we hope very much that rescues that we know are ummm bonafide dont mind filling in the paperwork as well as any new names that we are considering.  ;D

Once we have received all the papers back then we will decide on the list, all good fun if you dont weaken................ummmmmmmm Christine where did that saying come from please  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Right so I spouted my bit of new information and I will crawl back into my hole, hoping that nobody will be offended by us being slightly professional  8)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 19:33:15 PM »
Tan its for worthwhile causes and just let me know when as now I have access from Ireland I can shop in the evening and get stuff our mob need and help out the ones who aren't so lucky as our own darling furballs 8)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 19:23:26 PM »
Tan,

I might be able to help with contacts. It depends what you want to sell in the shop. I assume that 100% will go to the rescues.

Please give me an idea and I'll see what I can do. Teresa at Paws Inn has seen some of the stuff so, hopefully, she will vouch for the quality.

If you want to take it offline for now, you have my email address.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
The reason for our shop
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:38:46 PM »
The new Purrs shop coming as soon so we can will sell exciting goods personalized with your cat/s or just Purrs logo to help us make regular donations to support the cat Rescues on Purrs.

100% of all the profits from the shop will go into a rescue fund and this fund will be given in rotation at a set period of time or a set amount yet to be decided to all our rescues. This is simular to what Cat chat does with their shop. All the rescues will be checked as much as we can (most of them have been already) so we know that all the the money will go directly for the needy cats.

The list i have at the mo of Rescues but before the shop opens, more may be added.

Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue
Coventry Cat group
Cat77 trust Shaw Branch
Colchester Cat Rescue
Lost Cats Brighton
Paws Inn
9 Lives
Cat Rescue Flintshire
Wizz Cat Recue

Any other cat rescues are quite welcome to add their name to this thread so they can be checked and included on our fund list.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 12:39:15 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat