Author Topic: Microchipping - should I have had something?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Re: Microchipping - should I have had something?
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 18:03:32 PM »
We usually don’t send off the documentation for a couple of weeks to ensure the new owner is happy with the cat and the cat is settled and will not have to come back (at least yet anyway) and then it can take at least a month for the new owner to be advised that details have been received. .
Ah I never even thought of that.   That could explain it.

Thanks

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2009, 16:36:38 PM »
When we adopted Smokey and Timmy I bet they took a couple months to come through
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2009, 14:33:38 PM »
We usually don’t send off the documentation for a couple of weeks to ensure the new owner is happy with the cat and the cat is settled and will not have to come back (at least yet anyway) and then it can take at least a month for the new owner to be advised that details have been received. .
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »
Thanks everyone.  I'll contact the rescue again.  We've had him for 6 weeks now so if they are just that slow then maybe I don't need to worry yet.  The rescue said to me that until it was changed he's registered to them anyway and they can obviously contact me if he's returned there.

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 09:20:05 AM »
Esther came to me from a rescue, already chipped. I was given a full set of her papers and they had already updated her records to show my address (which reminds me, must change all animals to an Australian address, or someone will be very confused if they get lost)...

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:58:16 AM »
Gill, it's only the person who paid for implanting which gets paperwork at the time of implanting. In the case of a rescue cat, the cat is registered to the rescue until adopted. When the cat is adopted, the rescue send off a change of ownership form to the chipping company and fresh paperwork is then sent to the new owner.  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »
You should have been given one copy of the paperwork and that would have the companies details on it.

If you dont contact the rescue immediately and ask for your copy and also the details and phone number of the chip company.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 23:43:41 PM »
Depending on the chip company, but they can be very, very slow at sending out paperwork. We waited 6 week's for Chester's change of ownership to come through.  >:(

Ask whichever rescue chipped him which company it was. The implanter should have also sent off a copy, so if it was a vet they will also know.  ;)

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Microchipping - should I have had something?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 22:12:08 PM »
Samson's little escapade outside tonight made me think about his chip.   We know he is chipped and we know his number.  I remember filling out a form with our address etc for the Rescue to send off however we don't seem to have received any acknowledgement from the 'chipping place'. 

I wouldn't even know where to begin to contact someone.  Is there anywhere I can check that his chip is now changed to us?

Link to CatChat