Author Topic: wee Poppy sensitive tum - food help  (Read 1260 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: wee Poppy sensitive tum - food help
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
Also see if she will drink milk for cats, like whiskers or felix.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 10:37:30 AM »
I agree that the milk is probably the problem.  I'd cut that out and stick to chicken for a few days.  You could try applaws or almo nature chicken too - that's just chicken with a small amount of rice and some cooking broth, so pretty light on the stomach.  Lacto B is also excellent for runny bums so I'd get some of that.  Maybe trying a grain fry dry would help too - Zooplus sell Orijen which is a grain free dry. 

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
Yup, it's cows milk....I'll cut it out.

thanks
love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 10:02:36 AM »
I think it could be the milk, are you giving her cat milk or cows?

I think what you say your feeding her is ok, I wouldn't put her onto a dry only diet as I have read on here it can cause kidney problems with them not getting enough water.

Chicken is fine as a treat but she needs proper cat food to be getting the nutrients she needs  :)

Offline jools

• Adult Cat
wee Poppy sensitive tum - food help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:31:58 AM »
Daisy is 6 months old now. So far, she has eaten pretty much any type of food without a problem. I started her with kitten food, she now eats adult food (small cans of gourmet) and dry kitten food. Anyway, she's had a runny bum the past few days and i am pretty sure it is done to her mishmash of food. She shows absolutely no sign of illness and has bounless energy.

Since noticing her problem, I have started giving her boiled chicken....which she is VERY happy about (and Fifi, my old cat approves of too  :Luv:). I am happy to keep her on chicken breast, but I am not sure it will provide everything she needs. i have also cut out the milk....she's not happy with that!

So, what should i do. I am thinking of switching her completely onto a dry food. I feed the dogs on James WB and have used their cat food in the past.

One last thing. it's hard enough stopping her from eating anything i give the dogs, let alone have her on a  different type of food from Fifi (who's 11)

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Edit to add - I have named this topic poppy (my dog) when it should be daisy. gettin my flowers mixed up  :Crazy:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:15:48 AM by jools »
love from Julie, Fifi and Daisy

Link to CatChat