Author Topic: Thin fur - normal?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Thin fur - normal?
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 07:30:03 AM »
Molly sit on hard floors??? She lives on my bed the majority of her time, and as she likes to sit on the windowsill, she has a bed on there!! Will mess with the photo later (can't post it as it is cos her bum is on view!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 15:51:27 PM »
Maybe shes one who sits with more weight on her hind legs. If she sits on hard floors alot keep an eye for pressure sores. Shes probably more of a comfy carpet girl

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 10:58:03 AM »
Jaffa has always had thin fur and he's thinning more as he ages.  The fur on his back legs is thinning and you can see the skin through his fur.   It's normal for him and seems to be just part of the ageing process.  It's just happened very gradually and obviously not a result of any illness or due to over grooming.  If Molly's fur is just gradually thinning like that and hasn't happened suddenly, I'd just check it out with the vet when she goes for her check up in January.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 19:36:07 PM »
I dont think its anything to worry about, she prob licks there a lot  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Thin fur - normal?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 19:35:17 PM »
Just taken a pic of Molly playing, and the fur on both her back 'knees' is quite thin - she will be 15 next month, could this just be age, or does she need to see the vet? She is due there in Jan for her yearly check up anyway. Her nipples are sometimes obvious when she is playing, so she might be going thin on her belly too. I do worry, as only one of mine has ever got past the age of 14 before!!
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat