Author Topic: Good news on Minnie  (Read 1276 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: Good news on Minnie
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2007, 20:11:47 PM »
Thank you everybody  :hug: :thanks:  You're right about her field of vision Mark ... I have found so far that she doesn't bump into things she can see head-on, but things will happen like today she came running round the corner of my neighbour's house when I got home from work, which was on her right, and bumped her head as she obviously misjudged quite where the wall is.  She also has to turn a right-hand corner from my hallway into the kitchen and regularly collides with a plant.  Luckily she has a hard head and still has a long way to go before she becomes as brain damaged as Bertie  :rofl:  I am really, really relieved that it's nothing that can get worse though - I hate the thought of my poor baby going through any more than she already has this year.  I do wonder whether her previous owners knew she was blind in one eye, bearing in mind that they owned her when the apparent accident happened .. if they did know, it makes it even more unbelievable that they emigrated without making any arrangements for her  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 09:35:53 AM »
Glad it's nothing that could affect the other eye  :hug:
As for moving furniture, I woudn't think that applies. I would guess her field of vision is reduced but they do compensate a lot. Carl's Bilbo has one eye and I'm sure he could advise you if there are any problems. I suspect not  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 07:59:34 AM »
Aww, bless her. At least you know what to do to help her now though, and am sure she will adapt quickly.
Please spay your cat

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 23:18:43 PM »
Sorry to hear about Minnie's eye, but at least you know what you are dealing with now.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 22:57:42 PM »
Poor little girl but now you know and she will be fine  ;D

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Good news on Minnie
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 22:55:52 PM »
Update for all the lovely peeps who answered my earlier post about Minnie possible being blind in one eye.  Results are back ... she's blind in her right eye as I suspected, but due to a blow to the head that messed up the optic nerve when she was smaller, it seems.  Some neighbours who knew Minnie before I did have said she was hit by a car when she was 1-2 years old, so I blame that.  The marks on her eye are from the trauma and aren't ulcers/ tumours after all ... therefore no need to have it removed!  Have to remember not to move the furniture around or wave at her from a distance though!  ;D

Link to CatChat