Author Topic: Twitching/Rippling  (Read 1198 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Twitching/Rippling
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 13:05:07 PM »
Yes I think you are right and she probably is dreaming. I know Kocka used to do this and I see Misa twitching a paw every so often when he is asleep.

I think you should just keep and eye on it and if it becomes more severe  sorta like a severe cramp or convulsion, get to a vet asap.

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 12:51:34 PM »
Yeah, Gill, you've described it better than me - it's like a wee spasm.  She's definitely not got fleas and isn't scratching.  She's been doing sometimes when she's sleeping but I thought it was just her usual dreaming actions - she has some mad, wild dreams!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »
If this is not accompanied by frantic scratching which would indicate fleas, then I suspect it is a nerve or muscle spasm. If you are worried then its worth speaking to your vet  ;D

Offline Lizzie

• Adult Cat
Twitching/Rippling
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 12:31:59 PM »
I've noticed that our Min sort of twitches and it's like ripples/waves along her back/spine area on some occasions when she's is relaxing - what does this mean as I'm not sure.  She seems to be keeping well and eating well.  Was a wee bit worried that it could be a sign of pain or something nervy.  She's coming up for 17 years old.  She sometimes goes into a bit of a daze when she does it - she's a bit of a sleepy head though so that's nothing unusal.  She's always hated getting her back stroked which makes me think it's maybe a nerve thing but loves getting stroked from head down to her neck.  She's a fluffy tortie - not quite long haired - but there's no matted areas or anything that I can see that may cause her to do this.

Any ideas?

Link to CatChat