Author Topic: Bottom Trouble  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Bottom Trouble
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 19:18:38 PM »
Wonder if it could be impacted anal glands? that would fit in with the 'leaking' - or, sometimes if they are constipated and they strain to poo, a little bit of liquidy poo may leak out. Hope the vet can sort him out.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 18:14:24 PM »
My 4 wont eat any human food either and until recently two of them would only eat fish catfood and biscuits .........cats !!  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Devonlass

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 17:59:28 PM »
Sorry, should have said, both cats would only ever eat dry food, they wont even eat chicked/ham/cheese etc, just have no interest in it. Will only eat fish flavour Go-Cat. Tried allsorts but to no avail.

Both cats have been neutered, they were done at 6 months old, they are brother and sister  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 17:55:41 PM »
Sorry I dont know but certainly a vet trip is order  ;D

Is there any reason why Tango is only fed dry food and I assume when you say he is a Tom, he is neutered ?

Oh and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

We like pictures, noooooooooooooooo we love pictures  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Devonlass

• Kitten
Bottom Trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 17:53:06 PM »
Hi Everyone, I'm new here so bear with me  :scared:

I have 2 cats Tango and Pepsi and for a while I have been puzzled as I have found traces of very liquid poo being left behind after they have been sleeping. Took me a while and separating them to find out its Tango, he is a 3yr old tom. He goes out to do his business etc but when he comes in sleeps its like his bottom is leaking. Not huge amounts, maybe a teaspoon full, but its getting that he is leaving traces everywhere. I have an appointment at the vets for him but just wondered if anyone has come across this and has any hints/tips. He eats dry food but has recently started trying to steal the dogs wet food. As he goes out alot he also catches alsorts so no idea 100% what his exact diet is.

Advice appreciated please  :thanks:

Link to CatChat