Author Topic: Toby is on Glucosamine  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Toby is on Glucosamine
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 12:46:03 PM »
He's already a lot less stiff which is quite a surprise, and a lot less grumpy.  :)

He's had his dose today - I ended up cutting the tab in two and popping each half down seperately. Much easier! The stuff smells quite fishy due to the mussel extract and he doesn't seem to be objecting to the taste, it's just that the capsules are probably too big for a cat to swallow comfortably.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 21:17:13 PM »
You can get it in powder form from UKvets. You have to scroll down a long way past all the tablets and capsules. It is better as you can sprinkle it on their food. Shadow licks his off his dry food and then licks the bowl clean too so I assume it tastes good.

I have ordered some for when he arrives as he is coming out of winter and has arthritis, so better to be safe than sorry...

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 21:08:13 PM »
Sorry to hear Tobz has not been too well.  Keep us posted Witty x

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Toby is on Glucosamine
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 16:37:07 PM »
Poor Tobz has been suffering with his arthritis a bit these last couple of days bless him - guess the weather isn't helping any. Anyways, when I took him to the vet after he hurt his leg, she suggested I put him on glucosamine to help ease his stiff joints.

Well, I've done that. I've bought him a three month course of Dene's capsules with glucosamine and green-lipped mussel extract and I've started him on it. Will of course keep you posted how he gets on with them.

Only downside is that the capsules are large and difficult for him to swallow - think I'm going to have to break them open and mix the powder with some minced beef or such. That way he won't keep trying to spit the pill out...  :doh:

Link to CatChat