Author Topic: Freddy isn't well  (Read 1247 times)

Offline Susieh

• Adult Cat
Re: Freddy isn't well
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 21:47:32 PM »
Well after a few days of antibiotics, Fred is back to his extremely naughty self.  Never thought I'd be glad to see him jumping on poor Maddy and making her squeal, but I am :)
Here he is in one of his more angelic moments (of which he has about 2 a week)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 23:02:59 PM »
Hope the tablets do the trick for Freddy, the boys send Freddy a healing head kiss - they have magical powers so he should be feeling better soon  :hug:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 15:14:40 PM »
Get well soon, Freddy!  Maybe he's just got a bug and is feeling off colour. Hopefully the antibiotics and anti inflammatories will sort out any infection he may have.

Offline Susieh

• Adult Cat
Freddy isn't well
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 15:08:55 PM »
I was out all day yesterday from early in the morning until late last night - very unusual for me.  When I fed and opened the catflap for the 3 cats in the morning, they were all fine and acting normally but when I got in last night I noticed straight away that Freddy was acting strangely.  He was walking slightly oddly and kept sitting/lying down and licking himself all over.  He was also very quiet and wasn't even attempting to jump all over Maddy, which he normally does about 50 times a day.  He didn't seem to be in any pain, wasn't limping or anything so I decided to leave it until this morning and took him to the vets first thing.

The vet could find absolutely nothing wrong with him physically.  Temperature normal, no lumps and bumps or anything so I felt a bit foolish, but he definitely isn't himself.  She basically decided that the likliest problem was cystitis, being as he has been licking his ... ahem.... quite a bit, so he has a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories to start tomorrow after he had a start-off jab today.  He has been really quiet since he got home and is sleeping in unusual places for him.  He also hasn't forgiven me yet for putting him through a vet visit.  He is one unhappy lad.  I hope he feels better soon.

Oh and he hasn't been put off his food - he is still eating for england, so at least that hasn't changed   :wow:

Link to CatChat