Author Topic: Kidney Disease  (Read 1155 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Kidney Disease
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 08:37:30 AM »
It could be one of any number of things but if it is crf that's not an immediate death sentence.   It can be managed quite well through diet (can't be reversed but can slow down the progression of the disease).  Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 19:25:01 PM »
 :hug: Could be a parasite, bacterial infection or virus, was the injection an antibiotic or anti-emetic (stop sickness)? As long as the vet agrees it would be worth using a freeze dried probiotic (friendly bacteria) supplement as these can be depleted by diarrhoea and wiped out completely by antibiotics.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 18:14:25 PM »
Poor Tiny, keeping fingers crossed it's something easily treatable  xx  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 22:51:39 PM »
I think it could be anything and the vet needs to do tests...............I hope its something that can be helped  :hug: :hug:

Offline liquorice

• Adult Cat
  • New picture
Kidney Disease
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 20:31:42 PM »
Hello

Tiny has not been eating for a couple of days, only drinking water and being sick. She is very subdude and sleeps a lot. She does meow much and I am so sad.

We took her to the vet today, I am hoping to god that it isn't kidney disease but what else could it be. Her fecese were very bloody, se has lost weight and is dehydrated. She has been given an injection and we have an appointment with the vet tomorrow for a check up. Should I expect the worst. Tiny is 15.  :( :( :( :( :(

Link to CatChat