Author Topic: Bed "presents  (Read 1137 times)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Bed "presents
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 21:55:25 PM »
I had a problem with that in the past when mine were particularly unhappy with a long term foster we had. Along with the usual 'anti stress' stuff to help the problem, I bought a cheap tarpaulin and covered the bed with it while I wasn't in it, and that stopped them. Saves your bed sheets and duvets at least!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Bed "presents
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 21:47:00 PM »
Is the cat the only cat in the household?  Cat's soiling on beds are actually "asking for help" because something is upsetting them.  He may be being bullied or he may be poorly ... I would suggest a visit to the vet just to make sure there is a medical problem.

Also check out wizzs advice;  http://wizz-catz.co.uk/soiling.html
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline ChrisS

• Kitten
Bed "presents
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 21:36:52 PM »
Hi,
I’m just wondering if you could advise on a specific problem. My mother-in-law is at the end of her tether because her cat has taken to defecating specifically on her bed (and no other bed in the house) even though he is happy to use the litter tray which is always clean (Catsan). We thought he tended to do it as a protest when my mother-in-law had been out for the day but he now does it when she is at home all the time. He even did it yesterday whilst she was asleep in the bed! He doesn’t have a cat door but normally asks to be let out of the back door (which has toughened glass , the main reason a cat door has not been put in).
Many thanks if you can help!

Link to CatChat