Author Topic: Cat teeth cleaning brushes/paste  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Cat teeth cleaning brushes/paste
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 00:11:51 AM »
Gizmo is amazingly stunning  ;D ;D

I just love her to bits, you are right  ;D

Cant help with the question though, sorry.

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 23:16:57 PM »
Thank you - yes she has a lot of Persian - she was a rescue and around 3 when when we homed her.    You are right - she's about 10 so doubtful she will accept a toothbrush now - will try Logic gel.  Glad this thread will get you and the boys back on the wagon !   
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 22:47:02 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: What a gorgeous girl, is she Persian (or part-Persian)?  :Luv2:

As for toothpastes, Logic gel is pretty good. Even though you describe her as laid back I'd be surprised if a cat who hasn't had their teeth brushed before will accept it  :evillaugh: The good thing about logic gel is that you don't have to brush it in, even a wipe over the teeth/gums is fine. I used to squirt it on their food, Lu (who is much fussier than Riley) would willingly lick it from the tube but Riley would only take it if it was squirted onto a bit of regular food.

I also used plaque off, a powder that you sprinkle on their food, they were both happy to eat their dinner still so it's certainly not unpalatable.

Talking in past tense here as seem to have slipped off the wagon over the last year or so with regards teeth care but am taking this as a reminder to start the regime up again  :thanks:

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
Cat teeth cleaning brushes/paste
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 22:02:38 PM »
Gizmo had a dental today (her second) - no extractions needed this time and I would like to help her keep her new dazzling smile !    There were a couple of different brush/paste sets at the vets but wondered if anyone had recommendations - she's a very laid back cat but what's the best way to get her used to the cleaning ?  She's added a pic as a thank you for your help.
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Link to CatChat