Author Topic: Strange behaviour regarding our cats bed...  (Read 1182 times)

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
Re: Strange behaviour regarding our cats bed...
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 17:59:59 PM »
Thanks all, I had a feeling it would be just a "thats cats" kinda thing. I actually don't mind in the slightest, shes a darling lol I wake up EVERY morning with her laying next to me on the 6 inches or so of the bed that is unused.  :evillaugh:

Offline Alex S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sadie
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 17:20:25 PM »
sounds about right... Sadie slept in her all the time for three months but now hasn't been back in it for two. She prefers the floor. The flectabed has gone untouched too!

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2011, 16:48:05 PM »
Same here. The Munchkin loved his wicker basket for ages, then went off it completely and fell in love with his red cushion instead. Now he's fallen out with the cushion and loves his basket again. That's cats for you  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 16:17:45 PM »
mine go in phases with beds, love them for ages and then just go off them! 

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 15:46:05 PM »
I think she maybe is cold but as the others have said cats are fickle and I meannnnnnnnnnnnn she is a tortie  :rofl: :rofl:

Have you washed her bed or tried defur it or anything?

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 13:05:27 PM »
welcome to the fickle world of cat ownership, Paul

I have 10 sleeping spots for my three dotted around a very tiny cottage, and can guarantee that only when I decide one of them is never going to be used, and can be removed, will it attract a furry occupier

it's called human training in their world :evillaugh:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 12:50:42 PM »
That's cats for you  :innocent: My two go through phases of where they decide to sleep and like your cat they often are all over a particular bed and then suddenly won't even look at it!

In this cold weather she's probably finding it warmer to sleep snuggled up next to her humans. If that's the case maybe she might like a radiator bed? They're hammocks that clip over the top of the radiator and are cat magnets  :evillaugh:

Offline peejay1977

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Misty
Strange behaviour regarding our cats bed...
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:39:48 PM »
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could shed any light or maybe come up with a theory. We bought our tortoise shell a bed as she had grown to like sleeping with us (I didn't have a problem with it but my wife did lol). At first she wouldn't go near the bed as I guess she had no reason to, so to kick start things I started putting the bed on the sofa next to me in the evenings as she has a tendancy to come and sit with me. After a while she hopped into the bed got comfy and appeared to love it. I then moved it upstairs onto the chest of drawers in our room. See pics :

As you can see from the pics she took to it like a duck to water and for the last few months she would follow us to bed, jump up on the bed for a quick snuggle and then hop over into her bed. In fact some days she was that comfy she didn't come out of her bed until teatime lol

Suddenly though, she won't go into it, I can honestly say in the last 2 weeks I haven't seen her in her bed once. Every night now she jumps up on the bed and either sleeps between my feet or spoons against me when I lay on my side.

I'm not aware of anything bad that's happened to her in her bed so I'm puzzled at the sudden change of behaviour. She is quite a scaredy cat, to the point that if she hears any voices in our house other than mine, my wifes and my sons she hides under the bed, all day if nessecary until they have gone.

Thanks in advance, I'm just a little puzzled.

Paul.

Link to CatChat