Author Topic: Skin or fat... i can't tell!  (Read 1154 times)

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Skin or fat... i can't tell!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 16:05:17 PM »
Have you seen those type of shelves that you can fix to the wall? I think the site's called wallwalks.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 14:29:04 PM »
If you can feel her ribs she is definately not fat  ;D

Mine are looking at me with amazement at the word waist...................... :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 14:17:27 PM »
ifshe has a waist don't worry, the extra skin is to they can jump so they need a bit of give!

Offline Alex S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sadie
Skin or fat... i can't tell!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 14:11:19 PM »
Hi all.

Being a little bundle of tabby joy Sadie is more tufty than other cats i've seen, especially under her stomach. As she's an indoor cat we're trying to keep a beady eye on her weight and while she's certainly very slim (can feel her ribs and vertebrae under thin layer of fat etc) and has a waist, when she lies down her "spay sway" feels quite fatty. Can anyone offer any tips as to how one can tell if it is actually just her skin or a bit of a tummy? I may be completely overreacting but i'm a believer that prevention is the best cure and want to make sure she's as healthy as can be especially as she's maybe not as active as most cats (though still has a mental hour each day chasing her mice up and down the hall), we do however make sure she's not in any way over fed.

After christmas i'm going to make sure she has more places to climb up to, though so hopefully that'll get her moving more. Here is a pic or our shelves in the living room before the lower "steps" got too cluttered for a cat to climb. The cat in this pic is Charlie, my friend's Maine Coon who came to stay with us a few weeks before we got Sadie.

Thanks for your help everyone!!  :briggin:

Link to CatChat