Author Topic: Tommy cat in need of help and support.  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Tommy cat in need of help and support.
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about poor Tommy and sincerely hope that he gets through this, I'll be thinking of him  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 23:29:50 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about poor Tommy and do hope he will recover  :hug: :hug:

We have the story of another cat called MIkey who was also shot like this and his spinal cord was damaged making his rear half paralized. He has just gone to his forever home after 6 months of wonderful care.

I think think you probably will need a witness to have any chance of a prosecution but definately report it to police and RSPCA, sadly it seems crimes like this are getting more prevelant  :(

Lots of love to Tommy  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 23:13:40 PM »
OMG poor poor Tommy  :hug:  I can't offer any advise ... thankfully never been through anything like this.  But I agree the RSPCA should be informed ... it might also be worth informing the local police.  If someone is taking pop shots at cats they need to be made aware, it might be a person next time.
Please pass on my best wishes to Tommy's owner and I will be keeping everything crossed that he gets well soon.

BTW I would suggest his owner tries him on "smelly" fod ... sardines in tomoato sauce are usually a good way to get a kitty eating again.  As he is jumpy and scared it might be worth leaving a radio on quietly in the room that he is in, this will stop him being starled by any noises and maybe a felliway plug in to help calm him down.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 18:13:44 PM »
I would think the RSPCA are the people to advise you on this, Stezzle

it ought to be reported to them anyway, and they are able to prosecute themselves if they can find who is responsible for such a cruel act
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Stezzle

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Licky, Fudge, Sugar, Candy (RIP Miss C)
Tommy cat in need of help and support.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 16:23:30 PM »
Very late on Sunday night i recieved a phone call from my boyfriend who was highly upset. He said his sister had been in touch about her cat called Thomas aka Tommy. He has been shot in the tummy by a pellet gun and was in a really serious way. Told he was bleeding and meowing in stress. They quickly rushed him to the vets who have been working their hearts out to help him.

After a night and a day hoping to get a happier phone call, i can say i got one.

He was allowed home yday but isnt eating and is scared and upset about any noise - the poor thing.
The vets are still unsure if he will make it and need to have a proper look at his insides to see where he has been hit, If its bad news then it is likely Tommy will be put to sleep.

Just wondered if anyone else has been through this experience and if you can get the person responsible done under the court of law. I was told you could under Animal Cruelty and Improper Use Of A Firearm. Is that right? The vet said that you can take the person to court and demand they pay for the bill. Any Ideas?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 16:26:46 PM by Stezzle »

Link to CatChat