Author Topic: Cosmo's lost his mojo  (Read 1175 times)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Re: Cosmo's lost his mojo
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 22:26:07 PM »
 :thanks:

normal service has now been resumed :evillaugh:

Not sure what to do to keep other cat away - I've heard hissing/screeching on recent forays and my boy's got a few scabs where he's obviously been dabbed - he is a complete wuss but hate that anxious/scaredy cat look he gets :(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Cosmo's lost his mojo
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 23:49:22 PM »

Since then, his sister Jessie has been acting very weird - stalking him, growling and hissing, chasing him - generally making him feel unwelcome.  On Saturday night he didn't sleep next to me on the bed 'cos the little madam had chased him off :Crazy:

So, I was wondering what would cause such a change in behaviour?  Does Cosmo smell different? 

Yes, thats pretty much it I'd say, she can smell the other cat on him and thinks you've sneakily introduced a new cat without telling her  :evillaugh:

Glad things are back to normal ish now though - you could maybe do the scent exchange thing, collect her scent using a soft cloth around her head (cheek and mouth areas) then stroke cloth onto Cosmo.

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo's lost his mojo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 21:23:49 PM »
my ginger whinger is allowed out when we're in so, on Saturday the back door is opened and out he trots.  Minutes later he comes flying back in and I notice there's a new black and white cat in the garden who has obviously chased him inside.  Anyway, I'm off out doing Saturday morning stuff whilst OH stays home.  When I get back, the back door is closed and Cosmo's indoors.  Apparently, OH had to separate the two cats - there was loud yelping and my boy was on his back, pinned down and getting the worse of it.  (He has a couple of scabs on his ears where he's been bitten/scratched).

Since then, his sister Jessie has been acting very weird - stalking him, growling and hissing, chasing him - generally making him feel unwelcome.  On Saturday night he didn't sleep next to me on the bed 'cos the little madam had chased him off :Crazy:

So, I was wondering what would cause such a change in behaviour?  Does Cosmo smell different?  Or perhaps Jessie's just lost respect for him having seen him get the :censored: beaten out of him :evillaugh:?

Answers on a postcard please.

PS - they seem to be back to "normal"ish now.

Link to CatChat