Author Topic: Jack has stopped weeing on the floor but Isobel hasn't  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Guineapiggle

• Kitten
Re: Jack has stopped weeing on the floor but Isobel hasn't
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2010, 04:57:06 AM »
Thanks everyone, I'll check the spray and look for puppy pads. Googled the "urine off", it looks good.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 02:47:42 AM »
Some antibacterial sprays are toxic to cats, please check the small print if you haven't already. There was a thread a while back and I had a Tesco branded one which was!  :scared:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 21:57:49 PM »
You could also try putting a puppy pad in the area where she is going. At least that way if she does carry on weeing there, until you manage to get rid of the smell, it won't soak down to the flooring and you can just roll the puppy pad up and chuck it so no cleaning involved.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 21:15:16 PM »
Try getting some "urine off" you can buy it on Ebay and I have found it to be really good
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Guineapiggle

• Kitten
Jack has stopped weeing on the floor but Isobel hasn't
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:57:01 AM »
A while ago Jack and Isobel started weeing on the floor near the tray, after a trip to the vet we changed the diet to wet food and Jack stopped. Isobel only wees on the floor once a day in the middle of the night when we are not looking but when we are around she uses the tray. She has non of the usual UTI symptoms, no smelly wee, no pain when weeing etc. I wonder if it is just that the floor smells (which it does) and she feels like she should wee there. We can't get the floor to smell good, we have tried allsorts of anitbacterial sprays/wipes, different scented floor cleaner but it still must smell really strong for Izzy cuz sometimes it smells a bit to us and we don't have cat noses.

Link to CatChat