Author Topic: Cosmo retching  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Cosmo retching
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 23:59:01 PM »
It is moulting time and furballs are the likely culprit. Alice bought up one that looked likr a big poo and was about 5 inches  :Crazy: - poor baby must have been terrified as it was during the night. Might be a good idea to give hkm some furball paste for a while.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 23:26:45 PM »
Furballs can come up at any time but if this is just after eating, that may be the reason. Misa tends to overeat to bring them up but can take a couple of days but now he is back munching grass outside this solves the problem.

Sasa was sick this moring and one or both birmans over the weekend and am thinking its the weather.

Worth a check with the vet though if you are worried

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 20:39:53 PM »
My to do that when the getting hair balls. Think it is hairball time just now. Sorry can't be muchmore help
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo retching
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 20:37:43 PM »
Cosmo is a short-haired cat and doesn't usually have probs with hairballs; however, over the past couple of days I've heard that ominous retching early in the morning under the bed :tired: but Cosmo hasn't bought anything up apart from some brown liquid (easily dealt with by Vanish spray :evillaugh:)

Anyway, he's eating, drinking and using the tray; purring like a mini-tractor and happy to receive usual strokes and chin rubs.  But, if it happens again tomorrow morning, we're off to see the man in green but it seems odd that, as far as I can tell, he doesn't retch at any other time of the day - just first thing.  Does anyone know if this is normal with hairballs or what else might be the problem?

thanks! 

Link to CatChat