Author Topic: Strange staring behaviour! What do you think please!?!  (Read 1186 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Strange staring behaviour! What do you think please!?!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 00:16:39 AM »
I had a coconut mat and Kocka used to use it like yours and had to change to a different type cos every time it went back she did the same. I think she just liked the feel of it.......sigh

It could be that a cat comes to the outside of your door and she can smell it and then reacts. Not sure what you can do to stop it other than what you have

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Strange staring behaviour! What do you think please!?!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 22:03:32 PM »
 :-:

its weird..Tigger used to pee by front door everytime! :-[ and i jsut had no idea how to stop it!....i cleaned and used all sorts of deterreents...then i said to vet about it and he gave me feliway! well that worked!! how odd :shocked:

this was after months of cleaning and eventually haivng to rip up carpet too!! :shocked:

I honestly do not know waht to suggest?? but let us know how you gt on xxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline msrisotto

• Adult Cat
Strange staring behaviour! What do you think please!?!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 21:48:45 PM »
Hi hi!

Following your excellent advice, i'm back to see what your thoughts are on this:

Jellybean used to pee on the mat in the entrance hallway. We removed the mat, cleaned with biological washing solution, put surgical spirit down and put litter tray on the area and gradually moved it away to a more convenient place. All good, she hadn't peed in the same spot for a couple of months at least. So we tried putting the mat back and she peed on it again.  So, cleaned the area and surgical spirited it, assumed it must just be the material of the mat that she liked to pee on. Put a temporary mat down that is half the size of the concrete area where the old mat used to be and a different material and fingers crossed, she hasn't gone there again. HOWEVER - She now sits on the mat staring at the door and that area in particular! Very strange, what could be going on in her little head?
Will I ever be able to have a full size blimmin door mat?!!

Link to CatChat