Author Topic: questions about neutering  (Read 1168 times)

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
Re: questions about neutering
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:19:45 AM »
 :evillaugh:  It is a bit.  Anyway. back to the cat.  I have booked him in for the snip next Wednesday and will have to be up at some ungodly hour to have him at the vet for 8.  He will be singularly unimpressed about not being allowed to eat, as he looooves his food, and has a meal before bedtime and one in the middle of the night too sometimes if I am up.  So anyway, that's sorted.    :thanks:
Pam

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 22:35:29 PM »
Sounds like man flu  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 22:29:31 PM »
All good news then!  I will book him in for next week.  This week I have a daughter who is sick in bed with the 'flu so I do have my hands full with that just now.  Hopefully she'll be ok by next week.  She is watching Mamma Mia on her laptop atm with the sick bucket next to her and moaning softly to herself.  I love her to bits, but she doesn't cope well with being ill. :sick:  I suspect I'll be up and down all night.
Pam

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 21:57:55 PM »
Urinary tract probs are usually due to a combination of things, diet, moisture throughput, activity levels, stress levels, weight etc, but unlikely that neutering is a factor.  :)

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 21:49:56 PM »
Neuter! Neuter! Neuter! Best thing you can do for your cat for so many reasons. It's a very straightforward op that he will benefit from hugely.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 20:08:25 PM »
You would have more issues with his waterworks of art if he was left unneutered i can tell you, people would be questioning your personal hygiene :evillaugh:

It may help with his behaviour but a lot of that is kitten teenage years. Early neutering of cats is a lot more common these days (not that hes early at 5.5 months) more and more studies are showing it not to have an effect on them growth or development wise  ;D

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 16:25:42 PM »
Thanks DawnF. 
Pam

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 15:50:26 PM »
he should calm down and the benefits far outweight the problems

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
questions about neutering
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 15:44:00 PM »
This has probably come up before, but I don't have the time *seeing it's in the middle of the afternoon on a work day* to really look it up. 

Rajah is going on 5 1/2 months.  He is a mad cat, sweet loving and a real cutie one minute,and the spawn of satan the next.  I have got so many tooth, claw marks and scratches on me that people are starting to think I self harm.  Will neutering help calm his demonic side?  Also, I have concerns regarding problems with his waterworks after neutering.  I have had one male cat neutered before who was a lot older than Rajah is now when he was snipped and was perfectly fine, but since then I've had people say that it can cause all sorts of nasties to do with the urinary tract, bladder, etc.  What is the low down on that then?

Thanks!  Have to rush off before I get caught.
Pam

Link to CatChat