Author Topic: Cosmo's check-up  (Read 1185 times)

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Re: Cosmo's check-up
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 22:04:24 PM »
oooh - a bargain - thanks ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 19:52:09 PM »
In that case, you might be better off just buying Science Plan fur ball. The kibbles are huge - and as far as I know it is BOGOF in PAH right now.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 19:35:47 PM »
both my 2 are quite dainty cats with small mouths - although they can nosh with the best of them - but yes, they're quite big biccies and there has been a fair amount of crunching :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 19:30:24 PM »
Did he crunch the biscuits? Iv given samples of various dental dry foods to my lot and they swallow them greedily  :evillaugh: only dry they crunch are royal canin siamese and manie coon varieties  :innocent:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 19:22:40 PM »
 :thanks:

I'll try these and see - greedy boy has eaten all the new biccies tho', which is good as I've bought a 2kg bag ;D.  As usual after his injections, he's feeling a bit sorry for himself and has been cuddled up to me all this afternoon.

He'll get his own back in 2 weeks time when it's Jessie's turn to go to the V E T...

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 19:27:56 PM »
Yay, well done Cosmo  ;D

If he eats wet food, you can try Plaque Off sprinked in it  :wow:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 19:15:52 PM »
Well done Cosmo on passing your MOT  ;D

Tips for teeth
a) forget about biscuits, they dont clean teeth  :o
b) start him on small pieces of raw chicken, build these up to chunks until hes happy chewing and then present him with a raw chicken wing, they will remove the tartar very effectively  ;D

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
Cosmo's check-up
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 17:57:43 PM »
went ok but he's not had the best of days: he got shut in the sitting room overnight by dozy OH and missed out on nighttime cuddles (Jessie got those instead so I should have realised something was up :evillaugh:).  Then he got put in the box - Jessie tormented him by staring at him from OUTSIDE the box!  At the vets he got an injection, weighed - everything's ok ;D except he's got some plaque build up on his back teeth :sick:, which given he's only 3 yrs old ain't good.

So, we bought some special Hills T/D food, which might help and I've kept him in all day even tho' it's sunny - he's so cross with me :tired:

Anyhow, given how poorly some puds are, I appreciate how lucky I am that basically he's fine - but any ideas for keeping his teeth in good nick going forward?

:thanks:

Link to CatChat