Author Topic: Silly question-any way of telling a serious prob with leg without touching?  (Read 1167 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Glad the leg seems ok now  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Maybe he had cramp or something, I know sometimes I can be walking and suddenly I am limping for no good reason.

I think you just have to watch and wait  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
 :-[ :-[ :-[ 

I will delete this thread in a short while.  I simply don't understand it.  Not even a hint of a limp now and he just jumped up on kitchen work surface which he never does.  I am completely at a loss.  Perhaps he needed to just rest it?  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor chap, it could be a simple sprain but without check up its impossible to tell. In regards to scaling things with a broken leg it is something they can do! I watched old tom o'malley do some amazing things to avoid me getting anywhere near him, his front leg was broken and very obviously so as it was at a 90 degree angle, 2 years on and he has still evaded capture but apart from a slight limp its naturally healed ok, i still aspire to neuter the old git and tame him down tho

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Silly question-any way of telling a serious prob with leg without touching?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 18:31:44 PM »
Billy Whiz has hurt his front left leg.  Just noticed today he didn't want to sit upright in kitchen (went to lie down on tiled floor which I've never seen him do before  :shocked:) and then noticed limp.  I rang Vets Now hoping vet could confirm no break if he is putting it gingerly to the floor and managing to go up and down stairs but consultation £120 plus poss treatment suggested.  I don't think it's that serious; nor apparently does Billy coz he managed to jump back gate after the phone call.  I managed to get him back in.

For those not in the know, Billy is not pickupable and have to be careful not to alarm him or he will fly out of the house.  He is currently on bed with 4 of the others circling him as if he needs protecting bless 'em  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I daren't try and inspect the leg as he is so unpredictable so will wait till he turns over to expose it so I can see if it's swollen and will of course watch the little devil like a hawk.  However I think it unlikely that a cat could jump a 5 foot gate with a broken/seriously injured leg unless something nasty was after him.  I'm looking for like minded peeps to put my mind at rest please?  :scared:.

Have a feeling he will be limping more heavily later  :(

Taken today pre injury

1/2 an hour ago

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 19:03:48 PM by Rosella moggy »

Link to CatChat