Author Topic: Vets or keep a close eye?  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Vets or keep a close eye?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 23:17:13 PM »
Yay! They do like to worry us dont they!  :innocent:

Glad it was'nt anything serious and now has passed!  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 21:30:39 PM »
Thats great  ;D

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 21:15:31 PM »
He seems OK this evening.  No more sick since this morning and he's in a very playful and boistrous mood so I think whatever it was has passed.

Thanks xx

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 21:11:02 PM »
I would see how is over night and then if he is showing any signs of distress, speak to the vets.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 19:36:58 PM »
I didn't get a close enough look at it but Hubby doesn't think so.

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 19:03:49 PM »
Could the 'frog' have been a toad?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 14:32:16 PM »
He's not lethargic at all Angie.

I know what you mean about always wanting to rush to the vets.  I'm the worlds best worrier when it comes to health.

Thanks x

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 14:12:44 PM »
close eye i think if he's acting ok.

we all react by wanting to rush round to the vet but a lot of things cats will get over after 24hr.

its a different thing obvioulsy if he is lethargic.....

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Vets or keep a close eye?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 14:05:35 PM »
Last night Samson brought a frog in through the cat-flap.  Nothing unusual about that however he's usually very gentle with them and likes to play with them rather than termitate their existence.  This time however as he came through the flap I heard a squelch and he dropped the frog and promptly just left it there and wandered into the house as though nothing had happened.

The frog was alive but Hubby didn't check to see if it was injured at all before putting it into the front garden where Samson isn't allowed.

About an hour later Samson started to act quite odd.  He was walking about, hiding in corners and meowing.  Apart from when he's greeting us, he never meows unless something is wrong.  We couldn't see/find anything wrong and tried to get him to drink but although he seemed interested he wouldn't actually take anything in.  5 minutes later he was sick.  We couldn't see anything other than crunched up food and afterwards he was alot brighter, eating, drinking and playing as usual.

This morning he was fine although he hadn't left us anything in his litter tray which is a rarity. 

I popped home at lunch time to find that he's been sick again (no solids in it) and he's not eaten his breakfast (he did eat a little while I was there).  To my knowledge he's only had 2 short stints on the bathroom sink lapping at the water coming from the tap.  He has 2 bowls of fresh water down (as he only eats dry food we know how important this is) which seem untouched from this morning and I have refreshed these before coming back to work this afternoon.  In himself he still appears to be fine.  Playful, purring, rubbing against my legs and pulling my hand to him for a fuss.

I'm not sure if I'm linking the frog thing and this sickiness together un-necessarily and don't really know whether I'm over-reacting by considering taking him to the vets?

Link to CatChat