Author Topic: eating habits  (Read 1134 times)

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
Re: eating habits
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 20:01:49 PM »
I have dry food and they have unlimited access, they nibble all day, sometimes come in for 2-3 and then out again
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 19:41:09 PM »
If you want to leave down food then make sure its dry not wet, it goes rancid quickly and at this time of year flys are soon upon it  :sick: personally i dont free feed dry as i find it makes for fat cats, i give 4 small meals aday. Now Milly isnt with us i could change it but i dont think they will agree  :evillaugh:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 14:58:36 PM »
Ours is a bit complicated.  :Crazy:

Both get a pouch between them first thing, then as I'm going to leave for work they get another half a pouch between them, this gets nibbled at but not eaten straight away, so this is usually left out when I leave. I leave it in the lounge so it stays fairly cool. From when I've been off and at weekends after about 90 minutes of being down its usually all gone.

Milo has biscuits out 24/7 on the work surface where Jess can't get them.

Then at night they have half a pouch when I get in, this is usually eaten straight away. Then they get another half a pouch just before bed, this usually gets eaten up too.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 13:27:43 PM »
Mine get the equivalent of a pouch of wet each in the morning, the same in the evening and a bowl of biscuits left to munch on 24/7. The wet food gets eaten pretty much straight away, it's always gone in half an hour and I've never had to throw any away.  The biscuit bowl is normally topped up every day, sometimes every other day.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 13:11:56 PM »
Mine are fed morning, evening and last thing at night, they eat everything straight away, so never have the problem of uneaten food  ;). They have raw plus some tinned/pouch, and a few bisucits at bedtime.  ;D

Offline naboocat

• Adult Cat
eating habits
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
Just wondering what your cats eating habits are?

Do you give them a meal & they eat it all straight away or do they graze on their food throughout the day?

How long do you leave the food in the bowl if it's uneaten before throwing it out?

Link to CatChat