Author Topic: JWB Light Cat Food  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: JWB Light Cat Food
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 19:05:24 PM »
Do they eat wet food? He could eat much more wet for less calories, that way he will be happy hes had a good meal but wont get fat.
My cats would be mortified if they got 50g dry food in 2 meals  :evillaugh: :shocked: :faint:

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 18:03:26 PM »
Oh they get what they need measured out. I just need to reduce it. Its just Milo is never satisfied unless his tummy is full (im not saying i feed him to the extent that he is full all the time) and im thinking if i reduce the food any more that he will get even more peeved. If i get the light food they can get fed a larger amount, weight wise, but not have as many calories. But that might not be the case.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 15:42:26 PM »
You will find that the lighter versions of dry foods are still fairly high in calories so reducing the food just a little bit is likely to have more of an affect. Remember to check exactly how much they should be having as well according to the side of the packet. Many people just 'fill the bowl' rather than measuring out what's needed and end up with podgy puds. They don't actually need an awful lot of dry- much smaller amount to look at than expected.

Also, changing to a low carb food like orijen or Applaws could also help as it's the carbs that pile on the lbs in cats.

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
JWB Light Cat Food
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:51:02 AM »
I want to start both my cats on the light version of James Wellbeloved. They are both starting to get a bit podgy and instead of reducing hte food i want to give them the light version. Just so Milo feels like he is still getting his fair amount. If his tummy isnt full he gets very grumpy!

I was wondering does the light food not give you as much value for money? As in do you give them the same amount they are getting now, but its just less calories. Im a bit stretched at the moment but start a job on the 18th May!!! (finally! Its with hte scottish government. Im a policy officer with the animal health and welfare department!) Iv always bought my cats JWB, even if i have been quite skint! Its the best food for them.

Link to CatChat