Author Topic: please help im scared and at my wits end  (Read 1177 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: please help im scared and at my wits end
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 20:51:14 PM »
I agree with the others ... once your boy has had the snip he will be less "frisky" and things should calm down.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 20:46:18 PM »
2 weeks is nothing in cat terms for settling in together and he is fast approaching sexual maturity. If his testes are big enough will the vet not do his sooner rather that later as it could take 6 weeks or so for him to calm down.

The other thing is when the little girl runs she provokes his chase instinct. Try putting her in a dog crate when they meet, she feels secure and cannot run, he cannot chase. Pop a box in for somewhere to hide when it gets too much for her. I have quite often known the bullied klonk the bullier through the bars of the cage, knowing full well that they cannot be got at.
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 20:21:12 PM »
Hes being a typical boy, they love to have fights and rough their pal up, she wont appreciate this as shes so tiny! And shes a girl  :evillaugh: torti?
Neutering should help abit but dont expect him to stop, hes just doing what little boys do and thats cause trouble  :naughty: until shes big enough to stick up for herself he will more than likely continue to rough her up.

3 out of my 5 are siblings, 2 boys 1 girl, the boys still have times where they pounce on their sister and roll her around, she growls and mutters about it, they are now 3yrs old  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 19:04:02 PM »
I think the problem will slowly settle after he's neutered in a weeks time....Its awful to watch when one is frisky and the other scared, there's a big age difference and little one will be so frightened...

Not sure but I think the vet can give him something hormonal to calm him down a bit until he is done?

Good Luck!  :hug:

Offline charlie_bav

• Kitten
please help im scared and at my wits end
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 17:54:35 PM »
Hello,  recently adopt two cats. The first Alfie a male 5months getting spayed in a few weeks time. Ive had Alfie since 9 weeks. He is my little gem. Second kitten is Amber, a female 8weeks old who is very dominant and beautifull.
The problem i have is that apart they are great together is probs.
When i first brought amber home i split them up having her in our bedroom and Alfie his usual free range of the house. I kept feeding them together, which they toleratd. I rubbed each others scent via a towel and all the other tricks however....
As soon as they get together she hiss's, he attacks and grabs her by the throat and kicks her something chronic. She wails and screams. I was told this was normal so left them to it from a distance and after 20mins i split them taking her away. Alfie will attack then lick her and then attack. However he now wont leave her, he sits crying outside her door ALL day long. When they meet he is so aggressive that she runs away and shakes.
I dont want her hurt however what do i do? its been 2 weeks and no change. I cant go anywhere in the house without them crying and im end my ends wit.
Please help..is this normal......what can i do to help. Should i just leave them longer and hope they sort it out? I know its for dominace but the nosie she makes is horrible :(:(:(

Link to CatChat