Author Topic: Black/brown muck around eye  (Read 1175 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Black/brown muck around eye
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 17:24:41 PM »
Glad to hear there's an improvement. :) One of my four gets a watery eye from time to time; it terrifies me but always clears up really quickly.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 15:21:24 PM »
That's good news  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 14:59:14 PM »
It was definately a bit more than the usual sleepies/eye bogies  (Jasper is so bad at washing his face I often ahve to clean these! :sick:) but much much better today so whatever it is seems to have got better quick. I am still gonna watch him but don't want teh stress of a vets visit if it's not needed.

Thanks guys :)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 21:31:39 PM »
Could be eye snot. :shy: Mine get it from time to time after especially long "naps."

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 20:43:23 PM »
Thanks... Having cleaned it again he seems fine so am starting to think he's just got some mud or something in the eye and when it's wheeped to get it out, maybe it's gone a bit crusty. I shall see how he is tomorrow but without wanting to speak too soon... I think he will be fine :)

The thing with Jasper is, cause his face is so fair even the slightest dark  mark shows up far more than it would on other cats and I become a worried mummy

« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 20:44:54 PM by Debsymiller »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 20:27:05 PM »
Not sure what it could be, hope it goes soon and you don't need vet appt xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Black/brown muck around eye
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 18:10:13 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on Jasper this evening. He has got a very mucky eye, very dark black/brown crusty stuff around one of his eyes. Having had a cat who had frequent conjunctivitis, I have had a close look at him and I am pretty sure it's not that. (Plus have had to treat/examine many CP cats with it) His eye isn't sticky and although slightly more pink than normal the conjunctiva is not swollen or inflamed and his 3rd eyelid is fine. He doesn't seem particularly bothered by it, just a little squinty after I cleaned it, but looks fine now. It just seems strange. I am assuming he has either got something in it or been wolloped by one of the other puds and that is what's caused the dark, crusty discharge. I need to wait to tomorrow to see how he is. He's certainly not in need of an emergency vet but I will take him to be checked tomorrow or Thurs (depending on what the practice can offer on short notice) if it hasn't cleared up... (More vets bills! doh!) ... any ideas what could cause such dark, crustiness?

Link to CatChat