Author Topic: Sudden death  (Read 1177 times)

Offline carole1b

• Adult Cat
  • Lucy Loo
Re: Sudden death
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 10:30:54 AM »
Thanks all i to think it may have benn her heart

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
My friend had the same thing happen with her cat in July.

Her vet too thought it would be heart related.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 20:56:54 PM »
Fluffy died suddenly. When I left her in the morning she was eating and playing. Within 2 hrs she was dead :(

The only comfort is she did not suffer

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 20:32:47 PM »
One of my mother's cats died in its sleep with no prior symptoms. The vet said it was heart failure. It was a great shock to Mum, but clearly a peaceful passing for Lulu. I think you can only be glad it was quick and symptom free as you have no way of knowing the cause as MM has already said ... :hug: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 20:24:52 PM »
Without a pm being done you will never know  :hug:

Your new cat may never sit on your lap, its something that some cats just wont do!!

Offline carole1b

• Adult Cat
  • Lucy Loo
Sudden death
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 15:04:51 PM »
Hi Everyone I have not been on line for a while i found it to upsetting I lost Tabby to FIV in DEc last year then my baby Girl in Sept this year, the problem is i was way when she passed away so have no closure. She was fine if a bit old when i left and the only symptom she has was not eating for a day ! ahe was slim and active with a glosst coat she had no symptoms at all. Sh had a slight limp that she had for a few years but we put theis down to old age as it got a bit worse in damp weather. Has anyone had this type of thing happen woth thier cat.  I dont think she was FIV like tabby was but its possible. I do have an apoted mog now she is so sweet she is 3 and came from a house where the other cat battered her all the time so all she did was hide she was a house cat. I have had her 10 weeks she even goes in the garden (hope she wont go over the fence tho) what can i do to entice her to be a bit more of a lap cat laike my other 2 babies they used to love me tinnes while she seems to tolerate me !

Link to CatChat