Author Topic: worried a bit - should I be?  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: worried a bit - should I be?
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 19:15:25 PM »
A vet check is sensible but as theres a strange cat outside staring at him its likely to be related to that. Weeing at a door is an obvious way of trying to repel any intruders

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 09:53:05 AM »
Great minds think alike  ;)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:28 AM »
I was also going to post the same as Dawn and Claremax, to be on the safe side I'd get him checked out for any urinary problems

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:02 AM »
Was just about to post the same as Dawn  :)

It may have been a one-off, but its worth getting him checked, just in case.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:48:14 AM »
you should probably take him to the vet now to rule out cystitis, it can be dangerous in a male cat if not treated

Offline nicchick

• Adult Cat
worried a bit - should I be?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »
My little chap did a wee by the front door last night, and he has never done this before.....

I picked him up for a cuddle as usual, and noticed he had a wet leg, and as I put him back on the floor he hissed at the kitten. I thought this was really really odd as they are gettting on great and have been for the last couple of months - snuggles, grooming each other, playing together. They had been happily playing all evening. I went downstairs to check on the little chap and noticed the pee, which was obviously why his leg was wet. I found him looking out the conservatory doors (at the back of the house) and he was unhappy and agitated because another cat was sat right on the otherside staring in. After 20 minutes he was back to his usual self, chatting to me and the kitten.
??
Something obviously upset him to wee by the front door (they are indoor cats), hiss at the kitten and be worried by the cat outside. Im thinking maybe a firework scared him silly, but then he isnt usually bothered by them. Or Im thinking maybe he isnt well, but he is eating fine and is normal in every other way......? He was happy and his usual self this morning.......

Obviously, if it happens again I will be taking him to the vet..... jsut wanted to vent my worries  :scared:

nicchick

Link to CatChat