Author Topic: Lost cat (not mine) returning fat and with ticks  (Read 1126 times)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Re: Lost cat (not mine) returning fat and with ticks
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 20:05:07 PM »
Yes, she's taken him to the vet so I would hope that the vet would do it!  I haven't had an update since she went to the vet though so I don't know if he'd be able to say whether kitty actually is overweight or bloated. 

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 19:59:11 PM »
Hopefully the ticks have been removed?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 19:57:12 PM »
Thanks - yeah that's what I'm wondering...she also lives near a dairy, so is it possible that kitty was out in the cow fields and helping herself to a diet of spilt milk and rats?  It sounds implausible, but then so does the cat returning fat and covered in ticks  :Crazy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 19:47:19 PM »
Worms bloat the stomach I believe ................am sure someone else will advise on this

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
Lost cat (not mine) returning fat and with ticks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 19:40:56 PM »
Someone I know has had their cat go missing on and off a couple of times in the past, the last time for 3 whole months  :Crazy:  Kitty has now suddenly returned, grossly overweight as if he had been kept in somewhere else and fed lots, but also absolutely covered in ticks.  They live in a village in the middle of nowhere surrounded by farms and a dairy. 

I'd have thought the ticks would be more likely if kitty was living feral outdoors for all that time, but tubbiness indicates well fed?? (or can worms bloat them up like that?)  Obviously she has taken him to the vets and is now keeping him indoors for a good few weeks at least. 

But does anyone have any thoughts??  Does it sound as if he's been in or out  :Crazy:

Link to CatChat