Author Topic: walking problems  (Read 1163 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: walking problems
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 23:41:52 PM »
Well , some people take the biscuit !
I would have been at the vets in minutes after it happened .
I thought Smartie had a funny turn once - he was a bit floppy after i brought him in from outside - he was sound asleep ( i had to take Bungly to the vets and fetched them all in ) so i carried him in and put him on the floor and he just lay there- i dont even know if he was still half asleep and wondering why he was suddenly inside the house when he was asleep outside !!- BUT as i wasn''t sure ( especially as i know he has a heart problem ) i still took him down to the vet as well and got him checked over .
He was fine and it cost me £20 for the vet to tell me everything was ok - but i rather pay £20 and know he was ok than not take him and not know what the problem was if any .
Its never happened since , so he probably was still half asleep and wondering where he was going ! ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 17:50:50 PM »
The owners leg falls off, do they a) post on the internet and wait for answers whilst ignoring the immense pain they are in or do they b) rush themselves to A&E for the strongest drugs they can get...

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 09:56:03 AM »
I'm afraid I'm thirding that opinion. There's no mention of age in the question, Morph.
 ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:53:16 AM »
I agree, immediate veterinary attention.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 23:14:36 PM »
Needs to get the cat to the vet asap I would say.

Offline morph

• Kitten
    • Cats Problems Solved
walking problems
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 19:54:19 PM »
Another Question from one of my visitors :-

"Our cat over the past few days has developed a strange walking gait. Over the summer he has sometimes not been able to jump onto the bed/settee with his back legs not making it. When he jumps off surfaces, his back legs splay out and he loses his balance.
He is eating and drinking well and still walking around, but his gait is not normal."
Cat Lover

All Questions posted are from cat owner's seeking advice

www.catsproblems.co.uk

Link to CatChat