Author Topic: the scent of a kitten  (Read 1155 times)

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: the scent of a kitten
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 16:12:31 PM »
Cats are not best inclined towards baths and a lot of damage can be inflicted by those claws. Bathing a cat can be very stressful to the cat and is best avoided unless you need to.

If you take a rag and wipe it over the kitten and then wipe it over your resident cat that may help as you are transferring scents. If you wet the kitten by bathing her then all you will do is heighten the smell, ever smelt a wet dog?

6 weeks in cat terms is nothing, it took two of my lads 18 months to sort it out and they are now the best of friends, patience!
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline zevxev

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 15:17:28 PM »
Hi, We've had the kitten for almost 6 weeks. I'm told that it can take months. i do think sometimes Amy plays on us a bit. Gives me the big sorrowful eye thing. we haven't a spare room to put Ole in so we have had to let Amy find solace on our bed. I suppose the good thing is that she does keep coming back home and still likes our petting and making a fuss. She doesn't hurt Ole just pads him and hisses. I do think there is hope I just wish it would get a move on. I look forward to the day when both cats will sit together on our laps. Have you ever tried or heard of rescue remedy for cats. Amy dosent drink water but have heard you can put it behind there ears.
zev

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 14:51:40 PM »
How long have you had the kitten?........I didnt think it was very long and if this is the case you need to go back and start introductionas again and do it very slowly

Offline zevxev

• Adult Cat
the scent of a kitten
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 13:47:29 PM »
Hi all,
 Sadly my cat of 4 half years and 14 week old kitten don't get on.we've done all the stuff were told to do such as separating them, swopingthe scent of the kitten around ,even bought a feliway diffuser. My poor kitten Ole just wants to play and poor old Amy doesn't. They will quietly sleep on our bed for a while until Ole gets bored. Have noticed that they will sniff noses on our bed but Amy instantly snarls and hisses at Ole. I take it she doesn't like his smell.Which is probably why Amy only comes downstairs for her food.Ole's smell is mainly in the living room. I read somewhere that it could be a good idea to bath the kitten or maybe wipe down the kitten with bath wipes. I'm not so sure about this. What do you think. Wouldn't this remove Ole's natural oil in his coat.
zev

Link to CatChat