Author Topic: ET -eye cyst  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Kate

• Adult Cat
Re: ET -eye cyst
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for you words of support. Her eye seems better today so hopefully vet will give all -clear.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 09:20:44 AM »
oh Kate  :hug: it is hard but I've got four healthy cats and still get woken many times in the night for one reason or another - I remember the sorry state ET was in when you took her on and though it must be very hard for you, you have done so much for her  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 19:11:47 PM »
I am sorry you are having so many issues with her, and I hope the vet can come up with a solution for her eye cysts. With regards to the weeing, have you tried doggy pads? Sending big hugs to you, I know how hard it can be living with ill cats, but at least she has a wonderful home and people who love her.
Please spay your cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 18:53:12 PM »
Having a cat with dementia I can sympathise with the being woken at four part.

Whatever you're doing for ET is better than she would've had, look at it that way.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kate

• Adult Cat
ET -eye cyst
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 16:52:02 PM »
Hi all,

Sorry for silence - a busy few weeks. ET is still going, although she is not really gaining wieght and she has litter tray usage problems. She has had lumps round her eye since she arrived - the vet advised to leave them (warts? cystss?) unless they were cauing her a problem as nothing can be done without an anesthetic and ET's heart is not strong enough for that. Now one of the lumps seems to have ruptured and is ozzing puss. (since this morning) We are wiping her eye regularly and will take her to the vets tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone had her of non-surgical cures for this problem?

On seprate note not sure how much more cat-related stress I can take. Living in flat in which smeels of cat pee all the time and being woken at 4am by her mioawing :-( 
Constant worrying about her health is hard. In some ways regreat taking her on, but the alternative is the RSPCA would have PTS. Wish I coudl do more, feeling very guilty and stressed by whole situation.

Kate

Link to CatChat