Author Topic: Cat wee incident  (Read 1125 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat wee incident
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008, 18:04:59 PM »
Probably she was just too scared to go out for the loo, always wise to leave a tray down even if they generally ignore it as does help to pick up on things  ;D

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 06:21:19 AM »
Hope it is nothing to worry about.  It does sound like it might be related to the dog incident though.

Offline robmorris

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 22:21:28 PM »
wow, quick replies, thanks all

no, we dont have a tray, il get one tomorrow for them...
il keep an eye on her over the next couple of days, if she does wee inside again i will take her to the vet. she doesnt mind going anyway :Luv:
thankfully its not brian, as after the last visit, he was introduced to the thermometer, so now he wont go into the catbox :-: poor guy

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 22:11:19 PM »
Hi Rob and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Do Brian and Betty have access to a litter tray?  If they don't it might be an idea to have one.  It certainly sounds like Betty is not happy ... cats tend to wee on their owners bed as a way of asking for help because they are aren't happy about something.  The other reason can be illness (cystitis is quiet often the main reason).  However as you said she did a big wee (ie full bladder) it sounds like she was to scared to go in the garden.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 22:08:41 PM »
It does sound like she is stresses and personally I wouldnt have taken her outside, I would have waited until she decided she wanted to. As she didnt fight it seems that she is probably OK but hope she comes back very quickly now.

The puddle could have been down to the stress but I would watch her very closely and if it happens agin in the next 24 hours I would have her checked out by a vet, sometimes you cant easily see all problems.

Just a thought, you do have indoor litter trays for them?

and last but not least  :welcome: to Purrs and hope that Betty is OK

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 22:06:46 PM »
could be a one-off associated with the fright and staying indoors (I am guessing you don't have a litter tray). But more likely a urinary tract problem that warrants a visit to the vet. My old Bob cat would do that sort of thing to draw attention to the fact he was uncomfortable. A quick trip to the vet and some antibiotics usually clears it up, but always worth checking ...

Offline robmorris

• Kitten
Cat wee incident
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 22:01:46 PM »
Hello fellow cat lovers

We have two black and white cats, Brian and Betty... They are brother and sister, and are about 4 years old.
We have a door flap so they can go out when they please. We live down a dead end so very little traffic...

But betty has just had a little incident. The strange thing is, in the 3 years of ownership, neither cat has messed in the house. They are both very well trained.

Whilst sitting on the bed, Betty jumped up as per normal for a stroke, but she started weeing.....a big wee!! this is very out of character!

Ive checked her over and she seems fine, she isnt running away etc.

But my belief is she had a fright yesterday? Next door neighbours dog escaped and chased Betty, she hid under a car and come in after the dog went away.
Since then i cant remember her going out? I picked her up and took her to the door, she didnt want to go through the cat flap. I picked her up and opened he door.
Took her out (she wasnt fighting) and put her down. she seemed cautious, looking around but then casually walked off. she has been out for about half hour so far without coming back in...

sorry for the long story, but do you think this was a one off, because she was scared to go out?

many thanks

Robert

Link to CatChat