Author Topic: Unhappy puss cat!!  (Read 1188 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Unhappy puss cat!!
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 19:37:12 PM »
It probably is just a temporary (albeit distressing) process. The smells of anaesthetics, plus the pain of the dental work (making them a bit more protective of themselves) plus the possible psychadelic distortions in the aftermath of the anaesthetic have combined to make them both a bit stressy. Feliway plus the scent transference already mentioned should work with time and patience. Plus a little private cuddle for Boo when Bobo isn't looking (to avoid jealousy) should work a treat.

Two cats who have been such good friends will not fall out long-term.

Offline louiserad

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 19:35:00 PM »
Thanks for your replies it has been very helpful!

We will try the rubbing scents thing if we can get the little one out from under the settee! Bobo (black one) keeps going looking for us to trouble make! She trys getting at Boo but she keeps growling at her then Bobo hisses back and trys to attack her the little devil!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 19:27:43 PM »
You could try feliway which is cat pheremones in a plug in or spray form

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 19:16:00 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs,

Gorgeous Furbabes  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I would imagine they both smell a bit different ... I would try transferring scent ... stroke one then stroke the other, use a cloth or flannel and rub one down then rub the other down.  Basically get as much of your and their scents mixed together and hopefully in time they will  be back to normal.

Good luck and fingers crossed harmony will soon be restored.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Marcia

• Distinguished Cat
  • R.I.P Jasmine 12/12/06 - 23/12/07
    • Pheonix-Gerbils
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 19:12:10 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs Louise  :)

Like Christine said, loads of people on here should be able to help you out. I'm sure everything will be fine soon  :)

Myspace Glitter Graphics

Loving mum to Holly, Tilly, Molly and Taco

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 19:06:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Louise.

I am sure lots of other people will be along to give you useful tips, but I can say that this is very common indeed, as cats do take against each others smell after such surgery.  It will be temporary, as they were chums before, but as I say, others will be able to advise how to speed up the process.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline louiserad

• Kitten
Unhappy puss cat!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 19:01:39 PM »
Hi im new to the forum!

Im wondering if anyone can give me and my husband any advice on how we can bring back the close relationship between our two beloved cats.

Basically they both required dental operations last Friday (11th July) and when we got them back home they slept through Friday and Saturday.

The problem started on Sunday when our eldest (Bobo - black one) started hissing at our youngest (Boo - white one) and attacking her.

They have never been like this even when we had them both speyed a couple of years ago! It has been over a week since their ops and Boo is in hiding behind our settee scarred to venture out to see us or any other part of the house!

Myself and my husband are getting really worried now that this is going to continue for a very long time. Has anyone any thoughts or ideas on how we can bring them back to love each other again?

Louise & Andy  :'(

Link to CatChat