Author Topic: Changes in behaviour  (Read 1154 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Changes in behaviour
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 19:35:32 PM »
It must have been a huge monster that scared her! Funny creatures  :-:

Offline Daisydoo

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 18:33:39 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and for your advice.

I've bought some Bach Rescue Remedy and have placed some behind Tia's ears.  I must say she seems calmer indoors but as yet ha not been able to go out.

Will give the Feliway ago too.

Daisydoo

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 19:16:05 PM »
I would try feliway and rescue remedy and plenty of time.
One of mine got spooked by a rampant husky and didnt go out much for a couple of days just incase  :shify: :shify:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:01:06 AM »
Charlie gets nervous sometimes and he is scared of the strong winds and the neighbourhood bully cat.  Have you tried some Feliway?  welcome to Purrs by the way

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 18:29:10 PM »
It does rather sound like an aggressive new cat has moved into the neighbourhood - or possibly a new dog? New smells and unusual noises might make her nervous ... I would definitely take her to the vet though, to rule out organic problems, but sounds like something new and unfriendly in the neighbourhood.

Offline Daisydoo

• Kitten
Changes in behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 18:26:43 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new here and am really concerned about some changes in my girl fur baby Tia's behaviour  :Luv2:

Tia is normally a confident cat who is outdoors more than in.

Over the last three days, there have been really noticeable changes in her behaviour.

She has suddenly become frightened to venture outside. She tries to go out but after a few seconds is back in, and starts to 'twitch' along her back and continually groom herself.  She sits on the window sill and sometimes becomes frightened, and again the twitching/grooming starts. 

Tia is eating normally and using her litter tray. She has also been treated her for fleas.   

I am thinking that she may have been attacked by another cat? 

Does anyone have any ideas on what could have caused this, or aside from ruling out any physical problems with the Vet, any advice please?

Thank you.

Daisydoo  :help:

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 18:27:51 PM by daisydoo »

Link to CatChat