Author Topic: Eye problem?  (Read 1140 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: Eye problem?
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 14:40:35 PM »
His eye seems fine today - I carefully picked off a tiny bit of green-coloured dried puss from his eye but other than that it's all dandy!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 10:01:32 AM »
Think that's the best thing to do, but if he's not keeping it closed any more and its not watery, it should be OK.

If he seems like he's closing it again, might be best to get him checked out  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 00:29:34 AM »
Thanks Gill. I'm sure he is fine too, but got a bit worried. I'll keep an eye..on his eye!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 00:23:01 AM »
It may have had something that irrited it and gave him a slight conjuntivireous that has cleared up on its one  ;D

As long as his eye is normal tomorrow then he will be fine. If in any doubt take him to the vets  :hug:

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Eye problem?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 23:23:31 PM »
Just came back from shopping and found Jameson at home with one eye closed. I lifted him up and my partner checked his eye - it was watery and a large 'tear' drop came out. My partner dabbed away the watery bit with a soft tissue but we couldn't see anything else. Jameson didn't mind us examining him and wiping his eye. We put him down and he was blinking but not properly opening his eye. I started playing with him just to see if he was his usual self, and within minutes he was rolling around on the floor chasing ping pong balls. The 'bad' eye appeared fine! (in that it was competely open after that and his vision seemed fine)

Nothing suggests that it is infected or that he is in pain, but then again I don't know anything about cats and eye problems.
Yesterday he destroyed a catnip sock, scattered it all over the floor and rolled himself in it - was thinking maybe he got some of it in his eye? And I guess him going outdoors a lot means he's bound to get some dirt in his eyes at times.

However if the eye seems to get worse I'll take him straight to the vet. I said I'll give it to tomorrow morning to see. Is it normal for cats to get runny/irritated eyes or is this usually a sign of an infection? He seems to be on top form, eating well etc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 23:24:34 PM by jamesonsmum »

Link to CatChat