Author Topic: Very noisy cat!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Very noisy cat!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 19:00:32 PM »
Misa chatters away 19 to the dozen, he chatters at flying things and at me and sometimes he is telling me something very important , like come with me to my dish and watch me eat  ;D  In this case he will start circling my chair and head towards the door and keep on doing this till I notice  :rofl: :rofl:

Franta is an older gentleman who is hard of hearing and shouts for attention and sometimes shouts when he has it!

I reckon he may want you to play with him as his friend is asleep  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: Very noisy cat!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:16:57 PM »
Unless he appears poorly I would say that he's just settled in finally and just wants to show you his love. He might be bored and wants more interaction, so give him a few toys extra to see if that changes his behaviour. I have one who loves to talk to me.. when it suits her!... so I'm never surprised when she makes a noise.

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
Very noisy cat!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Just looking for some advice about my fluff ball Edgar. He has been with me for 7 weeks now and is very settled. However for about the last week he has been VERY vocal - if I am moving about he is constantly meowing and chattering away and following me everywhere.

Now it may be that this is his nature and he is now feeling settled and this is just his way (as a previous meowmy to a vocal Balinese I am used to this) but I am worried he is stressed or bored! He is with his comapnion Oscar who has been with his whole life (they are both 11). Oscar is a lazy bizzum though and basically sleeps in his cat tent all day lol!! Edgar is abit more active but is not really interested in toys ( I have too many to mention) and he is not really a lap cat and just likes to be near me - however I do notice that he is only vocal when I am moving about or on the PC - not when I am in front of the TV or reading a book - so is it possibile that my wee man is feeling neglected? Or is he just very demanding and wants my attention all the time since his buddy is sleeping lol!!!!!!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Link to CatChat