Author Topic: Your thoughts on a bully boy  (Read 1156 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Your thoughts on a bully boy
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:17 PM »
Luckily we have a very large house so there is lots of space.

The weirdest thing though is that Buntyhas a large cushion that me and my husband specially bought for her and its really only ever Bunty that has used it and does use it at night to sleep - even Sylvester doesn't use it or try and dominate it - you'd of thought he would!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 12:18:56 PM »
Some people have put a big bell on the bully so the victim knows if they are comming!
It depends on the layout of your house but if can you make places Bunty can get into that Sylvester cant?

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 08:52:36 AM »
Its hard isn't it.    He doesn't terrorize her but, well, just wish I could stop it so Bunty could relax 99% of the time.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 20:59:07 PM »
No sorry cos Franta is a bit of a bully too but sometimes he meets his match, cos today Misa stole his chair by the kitchen table and Franta certainly was not happy.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
Your thoughts on a bully boy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 14:44:15 PM »
Sylvester is my big boy - he is a bully boy inside but is a scardy cat outside.    He does rule the roost indoors so to speak and gets on with most of my cats apart from Bunty.

Now Bunty is my oldest and Sylvester does like to attack Bunty.    When we are out you can always tell as poor Bunty's fur is sometimes around.   Bunty avoids Sylvester and is at times a wee nervous when he is around.

Rescue Remedy works to a certain extent and the plug ins were useless.    When Sylvester attacks Bunty and we are around we try to shoot him with a syringe full of water so he doesn't know where it comes from and its not from mum or dad.

Any other ideas on how to sort them out or calm him down?    Both of them have never really been mates at all.

Link to CatChat