Author Topic: Lirael throwing up!  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lirael throwing up!
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 20:39:53 PM »
A bland diet eg chicken and if nothing comes up (as in furball) then book her in. Just watch out when walking about barefoot incase theres been a delivery and you get toe jammed  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 14:20:29 PM »
Maybe....Pippa was turning her nose up at her food, being quiet etc and it dos'nt sound like Lirael has that problem  ;)

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 14:14:58 PM »
She's a tough cat to figure out when she doesn't feel good.

The only time I can really tell is when she throws up!

She is still running around like crazy and paid our guests yesterday a lot of attention and would not leave either of them alone.

Maybe it's excitement that does it!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 14:11:28 PM »
When I first got Pippa she was throwing up all the time in moonwalk mode, this was due to furballs!

Gosh I hate having to starve a cat but I suppose that is all the vet will suggest....

Hope Lirael picks up soon  :hug: :hug:

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
Lirael throwing up!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 12:49:01 PM »
Lirael's been throwing up roughly once a day for the last couple of days, normally she either hits the carpet or the plate with the wet food I put down.

Today I decided not to feed them any wet (there is dry food down at all times) and she threw up a bit on the kitchen counter but it was all smushed dry food.

She's fine otherwise, eats, drinks, plays....

Could a furball be causing this?

Last time she significantly threw up was over a weekend and she couldn't keep anything down (she's the only cat I've ever seen who was running around whilst being sick!) unless I got her to go to sleep with me directly after eating - I took a lot of naps that weekend.

The vet gave us some nasty meds to give her that was like pumic mixed with toothpaste and on the checkup told me to starve her next time for 12 hours or so instead of coming to the vets.

Link to CatChat