Author Topic: A shock for my poor Tilly  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: A shock for my poor Tilly
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2008, 16:09:41 PM »
Poor Tilly, hope she is feeling better soon  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 08:44:07 AM »
Both my cats had to have all their teeth out and were tons better afterwards, I'm sure Tilly will be better soon xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 08:31:57 AM »
Aww, bless her. Rolo had 11 teeth out this year and didn't even need painkillers, he was fine from the start - wolfed two pouches before he even came home, the vets were amazed!!
Please spay your cat

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 23:00:02 PM »
 :hug: to you and Tilly hope shes feeling better soon x

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 22:56:55 PM »
Poor Tilly hope she's feeling better soon.  :)

What kind of gingivitus does she have?

Since Ollie had his teeth out he's been much better, he had 16 out in one go. Although his condition does creep back in from time to time.
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 22:49:48 PM »
Aw, sending Tilly a healing head rub, hope she feels much better in the next day or so  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 21:32:48 PM »
Thanks, all.  :) :hug:

Yes, thanks for your email, Mark. I thought about Clapton when Rob broke the news. I realised he's managed to get over it and still enjoys his food. And we had Olivia in the branch last year and she had no teeth at all.  :doh:

I still feel a tad stunned that she could have got that way since January and guilty because I only spotted it recently.  :( Rob said FIV wasn't impossible but the likeliest cause it that she is just unlucky and has incredibly weak teeth.  :innocent:

She has managed one of her favourite Catnip sweeties which I crushed up for her.  :evillaugh: She won't touch the special recovery food she is supposed to eat - she never does!  :innocent:

Roger Baker wanted to leave Clapton with 2 teeth but given his history, I told him to take them all out.  Clapton has no trouble with lumps of chicken, beef etc and love some biscuits on his wet food  :Luv2:

The "goodgirl" catnip treats go down well in this house. If OH wants to get up and Willow is on him, I sprinkle a few on the sofa and she is off like a shot  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 21:34:13 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 21:23:33 PM »
lots of good wishes for tilly  :hug:

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 21:13:49 PM »
Hope Till is feeling better soon x

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 21:05:54 PM »
Thanks, all.  :) :hug:

Yes, thanks for your email, Mark. I thought about Clapton when Rob broke the news. I realised he's managed to get over it and still enjoys his food. And we had Olivia in the branch last year and she had no teeth at all.  :doh:

I still feel a tad stunned that she could have got that way since January and guilty because I only spotted it recently.  :( Rob said FIV wasn't impossible but the likeliest cause it that she is just unlucky and has incredibly weak teeth.  :innocent:

She has managed one of her favourite Catnip sweeties which I crushed up for her.  :evillaugh: She won't touch the special recovery food she is supposed to eat - she never does!  :innocent:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 20:59:36 PM »
GladTilly got her mouth sorted and hope she is soon feeling better

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 20:55:30 PM »
 :get well: Tilly, just think how much better she'll feel once it's healed :care:

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 20:49:27 PM »
Awww poor Tilly at least it all seems sorted now and she isn't in pain now hope she feels better soon   :get well:

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 20:23:52 PM »
I mentioned on the email about the change in Clapton. I still don't think he can quite believe it's possible to be pain-free. I think he suffered for years with his 6 or so dentals. Hopefully Tilly will get over it as quick as Clapton - well on the mend by day 2  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
A shock for my poor Tilly
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 20:21:42 PM »
I'd noticed Tilly's breath getting a bit whiffy so we went to Uncle Rob for a check up. Tilly has always had tooth issues and so far she's had 4 dentals, the last of which was only 10 months ago. I really wasn't expecting it to be too bad.  :shy: Uncle Rob was reluctant to do another one so soon but he did see a small abcess and thought it wouldn't respond to meds and it best to deal with the problem before it got worse.

Anyway, Uncle Rob called me to say he was releaved he decided to operate as what he couldn't see from the normal inspection was the inside areas of Tilly's mouth were covered in lesions. She must have been in agony!  :( Altogether she had 10 teeth removed this time and only has one canine plus those tiny incisors left.  :scared: :'(

She is home and very pleased it's over now and nibbling at bits of food but I think she's too sore to eat much.  :doh:

Link to CatChat