Cat General > Our cats stories

From 2 to 3 again

(1/8) > >>

Desley (booktigger):
Lovely post - yes, they certainly come into our lives for a reason, either in their part of ours. That is certainly a good legacy

Judecat (Paula):
 That last sentence is wonderful and so true, all of our cats come into our hearts with a purpose, even if it's just to infuriate, hey, an adrenaline rush is good for the heart. Just joking, they are such complex little creatures and each wonderful in their own special way, no two are alike.

I am so pleased that you are leaving a legacy for Bella and that DD is finding her own way through the grief.

Well done Gus for helping to fill the cat shaped hole that beloved Bella left. :Luv2:

girlinleeds:
I was sure I'd responded to this, gus has settled in really well. Dd has actually taught him to sit on command, which he does and actually sits for me as well.
He's become so much more confident, he ventures all over the house even into the loft room. We did have to take him to the vets due to a watery eye, not infected but our vet thinks it's due to his jaw surgery causing a bit of an obstruction where his tear ducts drain.  We just clean his eye when needed. We also think he has hay fever,  we had some bunches of flowers and his eye was so much worst but we got rid and it settled.
When we got him we were told he'd need outside access so we were going to sort out the cat flap, but after accidentally leaving the door open a few times, he's shown no interest in the outside. Asked our vet and he said maybe gus had enough of outside in his short life and feels safer inside. Other two are house cats and we're not going to force him out.  Harris has realised gus actually wants to play and the two of them sound like elephants up and down the stairs playing,  it's doing Harris good as jess refuses to play.
Jess was still not right, sleeping in bellas fav places, so we got a feliway plug in and that seems to be helping,  she's seeking us out for affection and seems happier.
Dd has come through the worst of her grief,  her Bella Teddy that we made goes to bed with her and she will talk about the good times,. she misses her so much (we all do) but we've been able to sit down and calm discuss why we had to make that decision, when we did and she does understand it was the best choice for Bella.  She's already said Christmas won't be the same and I know she's going to struggle on bellas birthday. I've said it's up to her what she does with the money I'd have spent on bellas birthday and she wants to donate it to the rescue. I think I'm going to set up a regular payment to them as bellas legacy.
Last year dh was getting frustrated with Harris as he was being a pain with Bella , but I've always said they come to us for a reason. Bella taught dd to love again, jess when I needed help, Harris to be there when dd needed him and gus to teach us to open our hearts again and that life goes on.

Sue P (Paddysmum):

How are things shaping up now, Girlinleeds?  Hope Gus is finding his paws, and life is adjusting into a different, but kinder rhythym.

Judecat (Paula):
 :evillaugh: Norty Gus. :Luv: I am so glad that DD and Gus are bonding. :wow:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version