Cat General > Our cats stories

Meet Coco and Chanel

<< < (2/108) > >>

Lyn (Slugsta):
Hi Desley, it's lovely to hear that the girls are still making progress  ;D

Desley (booktigger):
Another little breakthrough yesterday, I went to sit with them earlier than normal while I was running a bath, and Coco was on the rocking chair, so I sat on the floor, she half lifted her head, looked at me, yawned, gave her paw a wash then settled back down. Had to leave after 10 mins to turn the bath off, I expected to go back in to find her gone, but she was still on the chair!  :Luv: After 25 mins, she started to move, but she just turned to the other side, gave her other paw a wash and settled back down. I left after 40 mins of sitting on the floor! I was supposed to feed them, but didn't have the heart to move her, and Chanel was snoring! When I opened the door after my bath, I heard a thud of a cat jumping on the floor and neither were in sight.

Desley (booktigger):
I know, it's quite scary really Lyn! Funnily enough both have been better with me today, Coco was the least hissy she's been all week (she's even been popping at me this week), so I was brave enough to approach her and she didn't touch my finger, but kind of sniffed it, so she got a dreamie, then I got them a toy from Pets at Home, didn't see it made a noise, so they aren't keen, but Chanel did brush her tail against my leg twice, so she got a dreamie too.

Lyn (Slugsta):
5 years already, where does the time go?! The girls have a life together with you, in a loving home, and that was something that looked unlikely before you took them in. You allow them to be as they are, without trying to force them to accept contact, and that is something very special  :hug:

Desley (booktigger):
Well, I've had the girls for 5 years now, still no closer to touching them, Coco still hisses at me daily. I do think Chanel would come round if it weren't for her mum, even though she's 5 now, she's still got some curiosity, but it only extends to sniffing my finger. Although the other week when it was girl's night out, she did let me step over her to get in the kitchen, so she is realising I'm not a threat. And they aren't as bothered when they are out and I come down as I've forgotten something - I now sit downstairs messing on my phone for 5 mins when they've been out overnight, Chanel often comes and sits in the front room, Coco sits on the second step, and they don't always fly back in. But hopefully they are happy, they are still together, which wouldn't have happened otherwise, and they have full bellies and I've just put the heating on for an hour, so a nice radiator to sleep near. They don't sleep near each other as often, I have one of them fairly close, I'll see if I can get a better one of them over the weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version