Author Topic: Alfie gets an annual clean MOT  (Read 3550 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Alfie gets an annual clean MOT
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 01:13:32 AM »
Gave Bonnie a big hug from you and 100 more from me.  By now you've seen photos on other posts I've done - behind with my replies!!

Here's a reminder of her though!  :naughty:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2007, 15:00:27 PM »
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot that's brillaint Mary, big fun in your house tonight then and give your new foster a big hug from me ;D

We expect demand pictures ASAP  ;D

Have lots of fun,

TTFN

Leigh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 15:01:13 PM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 14:55:34 PM »
hELLO CHUCK!!

OOPS  tYPING crap - I'm excited - got a phone call and I'm off to Halifax to pick up my 1st floster cat!!!

Yippeee

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 10:41:55 AM »
Hiya,

I'm off to Wilkinson's too this lunchtime to buy one large bag of wood-based cat litter, they've got an offer on two boxes of cat food pouches for a fiver so I'll get them as well as 2 or 3 Whiskas Crunch. Wooooooooooooooooot! my Purrs order for a Turbo Cat Scrather and Wiggly Waggler turned up today at work so I'll have my arms full on the way home tonight. The boys'll love these in their Christmas pressies.

Have fun.

Cheers

Leigh

PS My mum was born in Salford so I might have been saying "chuck" a lot if I'd been brought up "up north" in "our Gracie" teritory  ;D
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 14:44:46 PM by LeighK »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 10:25:46 AM »
Aw Leigh, that's lovely.  A lot better than just reading a page of facts.  Photos are really cute too.  Off to Wilkinsons now - hope I don't have any of your experiences.

Bye for now chuck.
Mary  :Bye:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »
No but there's a midi audio file rendition of it on this page :)

http://www.leigh-kemp.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/AlfieCat/alfiecat.htm

TTFN chuck

Leigh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 01:25:24 AM »
So long as you've not got a photo of Cilla on your home page too!!   :naughty: :rofl:

Mary

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 10:40:55 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Mary,

I used that for Alfie's e-mail link on the homepage "FiV What's it all about Alfie?" , such a good pun  ;D ;D

Cheers

Leigh

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 22:08:46 PM »
THE BOOT  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

What planet is that ruddy man on!

And as for you Leigh, I've been humming 'what's it all about Alfie' after reading this!!!   :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl:

Mary  :catluv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2007, 23:31:15 PM »
I have never had to put cats in teh boot in taxis, but the receptionist recommended it once!! I have had awkward taxi drivers though - always used hte same firm, and they were fine at picking me up from my house, it was from the vets we had a problem - why they thought I would want a taxi to the vet withotu a pet is beyond me (esp as it is an 8 minute walk!!)
Please spay your cat

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 14:05:22 PM »
I always tell our cab company that I have a cat with me and they're very good - they've never suggested putting them in the boot and one driver always asks how they, what's wrong etc.  Mind you I've never asked them to take our greyhound.  My daughter usually takes us.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 21:46:22 PM »
It's harder with a large dog. Cats always get to travel on the back seat in local cabs, but when I tried to find a cab with Shadow it was a different story. The drivers at the rank all went into a huddle and finally one said he would take us. Madam had to get in the back seat, have sheet folded on her lap then dog (all 44 kg of him) was made to sit on madam's lap all the way to our destination  :rofl: :rofl:

Poor Shadow was very distressed cos he is not allowed to sit on the furniture, let alone on me, so was very glad to get out at the other end. Think he took off some of the cab's duco on his way out  ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 21:42:56 PM »
So pleased a clean MOT and taxi drivers used to make me very angry in London and also the vets.

Kocka was in hospital in South Croydon and I need to get her home so the vets ordered a taxi from a company they usesd all the time and the taxi arrived and I walked out with the cat carrier and he said, I am not taking that, they didnt tell me there was a cat! And he left.

So back into the vets and we had to start all over again and it was pasted their closing time.

On the other hand I also had great drivers and about midnight Kocka needed rushing to the vets , same place, and I was very upset cos she had just suddenly gone down hill and I had her in a towel on my knee cos she was just curled up in a ball and he drove me there and waited and brought me back less Kocka. He only charged me a small fare too and was absolutely great.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 21:35:00 PM »
I took 4 in for jabs one day and the taxi driver had his boot open and said in here love, i said  :what: and lined them up on his backseat and strapped them all in  :rofl: i know how bad taxi drivers drive  >:(

If you get shunted in town the boot gets it along with any cats  :(

A good comb through will get those tufty bits out Leigh, it only hurts when they have matted in   ;D

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 13:01:30 PM »
Hiya,

I've never known another cat like Alfie, he's just so full of love and trust. I always associate returning from the vets with dirty looks, sulking and getting the cold shoulder from the cat, hiding somewhere where he/she knows that they can't be reached etc. but Alfie just jumps out of the carrier and caries on like nothing happened, within a couple of minutes he was licking my hand all over and head butting me. I certainly let the cab driver know where I was coming from, (and going to)  :censored: cheek  ;D ;D .

I'm so pleased that Oliver is such a good boy at the vets too, my old cats both went to the vets for the "chop" and it can be a bit traumatic but I bet that he's a star when the time comes.

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 13:05:46 PM by LeighK »

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 12:59:07 PM »
I think most taxi drivers make you put them in the boot. I had to put Boopy in the boot when I got a taxi from my dad's house to the station in the summer as did Bilbo when he went to the vets in a taxi when he was little.

Obviously Alfie just thought he needed a trip to the hairdressers! Glad he's ok and his MOT went well  :)

P.S: I love his markings  :Luv:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 13:00:19 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »
Alfie in the boot!!?? 

What is up with this blasted eejit?  I would have stuffed HIM in the boot and drove home myself :naughty:

What a good boy Alfie is... I was rather surprised how well Oliver behaved at the vet when he received his shots, he was all tensed up and a bit trembling but caused no scene.  Even the second time (which he should have known what was to come :Crazy:) he didn't struggle when I put him in the cage.  I really hope he trusts me like Alfie does you, but this may well change on the next trip, which means "the chop".... :shocked:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 08:59:54 AM »
Good morning folks,

Thanks, the vet was brilliant and so was Alfie bless him, he just lay there and let the vet remove the hair which was more stressful for me I think than it was for Alfie as it came out in clumps and I was worried that he'd have bald spots but he hasn't. I was also worried about why he wasn't cleaning there when he's such a clean cat and the rest of his body is always immaculately groomed. As you all know FiV cats can get teeth and gum problems and I thought that that might be the problem but was relieved when the vet examined his teeth and said they were in fine shape. Of course we all know how easy the vets make it look, he said that he preferred to remove the hair that way rather than to cut it out. I bought Alfie a new "Alfie brush" and some more "Toothy" biscuits for the boys. Alfie was as good as gold but I had a small "barney" with the cab driver coming back, it's only a 2-3 minute ride from the vet to my place, I like to do this as it minimises the stress and isn't so scary for Alfie as carrying him along a main road and also of course it reduces the time from a 15-20 minute walk each way and my aching arms. The cab driver coming back wanted me to put Alfie and his cat carrier in the BOOT!. I was outraged and said no and that he'd travel on the back seat with me and he said passenger "luggage" went in the boot. I very indignantly said he's not "luggage",  he's my cat to which the cab driver repeated that he's have to go in the boot and I, with ever increasing indignation,  repeated that he was my cat and that there was no way that he was going in the boot. The cab driver relented but I was afraid that he'd stick to his guns and leave me stranded outside the vets, what's wrong with these people?, the cab driver going was fine. I forgot to ask about Alfie's weight but he's not a very heavy cat compared to Frankie, my small black Panther cub, but my guess is that he's put on a pound or two since this time last year. Alfie's so good with vet visits, he never hides or bears a short-term grudge when you get him home, I think that he knows that you have his best interests at heart, thus is the trusting relationship that has developed between us. Great to speak to you earlier Clare, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and your friend at Olympia, I'll be ordering my Purrs badge.

All the best

:Luv:

Leigh and the Alfie-Cat crew.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 11:03:07 AM by LeighK »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 22:26:34 PM »
Wonderful news.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 21:05:54 PM »
Great news Leigh  ;D

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 20:50:35 PM »
Glad all is well Leigh, and good to speak with you earlier.

Give Alfie boy a little chin rub from me  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 20:48:12 PM »
Oh I hope pulling of the matted fur didn't hurt too much!!  How much did he weigh?  :wow:
He is just as cuddlable as ever!! :Luv:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 20:27:09 PM »
Well done Alfie, I think he just decided he needed a little extra pampering Leigh  :Luv:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Alfie gets an annual clean MOT
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 19:38:31 PM »
Hi folks,

Alfie's been getting some very matted hair on his back towards his posterior and this seemed to be getting worse and my brushing wouldn't remove it and today after I got back from work I noticed a few large clumps had fallen out. Fearing that he had a teeth or gum problem that was preventing him from cleaning himself in this region or maybe a skin dissorder I took him by cab to the vets tonight and I'm delighted to say that the vet checked his teeth and gums. pulled out all the matted hair expertly and weighed him and Alfie has put on a little weight and then gave him a clean MOT.

Alfie's looking tip top now and here's him relaxing on the rug after his adventure.

Cheers

Leigh

Link to CatChat