Author Topic: How come I know so many idiots?  (Read 1492 times)

MBll

Re: How come I know so many idiots?
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 22:28:26 PM »
Kittens need to stay with mum till atleast 8 weeks old  taking them away under this age runs a high risk of them falling ill & dying very quickly.   The litter i fostered 1 died, & the other two fell ill & nearly died & were under emergency vet treatment.

Mum is not just there for feeding her kittens she also teaches them & the longer their all together the better chance the kittens get in their lives

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2007, 22:16:09 PM »
The sad thing in all this is, the kittens will probably end up dying without their mum or proper care  :'(  :'(  She seriously needs a swift kick up the behind and I'm being nice there  :censored:  :censored:  Those babes are far too young to be away from mum and without her milk, there immune system will take a nose dive.  If she won't get the kittens back she needs to tell the new owners to get some kitten milk, either Cimicat or Lactol and give the kittens constant access to it.  At least this way, they will stand a chance........reading this thread, I am bloody fuming, I really am   :mad2:  :mad2:  If she was a friend of mine, I'd probably knock some sense into her via a sledgehammer  :censored:

Ideally she needs to get the kittens returned, and back where they belong with their mum until they are at least 8 weeks old  :censored:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 22:27:13 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2007, 22:02:54 PM »
She decided to rehome them at 5 weeks, one of the kittens had only had one mouthful of proper food before it went!  >:( >:(

Ah poor little babies - that is so sad

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 21:53:54 PM »
Some vets prefer to wait to microchip when neutering takes place as they prefer to do it under GA.  Have never heard of a cat being given a GA purely for microchipping though, has anyone else?

Sounds like a difficult one Annie if she wont listen.  :(

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 07:55:26 AM »
She says she's doing this so the milk can dry up asap and she can get spayed.. Hmmmm...  :shify:

My sisters cat was done when the kittens were 7 weeks old......

And is putting cat one under general anaesthetic to be chipped because she thinks its cruel ok I guess that's fair enough....

Never heard of that done before.....surely it would be worse with the effects of the anesthetic  :Crazy:

I'd gently tell her where she is going wrong.....send her some info etc....maybe it might hit a note  :doh:
That's what we thought, why risk putting it under anaethetic just for that, I mean Ezzy is just going to have it done with her next injection (Second kitten jab) and most cat's are get it done without and are fine...

She's very stubborn, and is very much "my cats bla bla I'll do what I want"... Just really gets me mad why not just do the right thing...

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 06:05:26 AM »
She says she's doing this so the milk can dry up asap and she can get spayed.. Hmmmm...  :shify:

My sisters cat was done when the kittens were 7 weeks old......

And is putting cat one under general anaesthetic to be chipped because she thinks its cruel ok I guess that's fair enough....

Never heard of that done before.....surely it would be worse with the effects of the anesthetic  :Crazy:

I'd gently tell her where she is going wrong.....send her some info etc....maybe it might hit a note  :doh:

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 00:59:12 AM »
I seem like such a pleasant person today lol!

I'm not horrible really..

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
How come I know so many idiots?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 00:50:15 AM »
Grrr... Ok remember the last topic about the friend with the kitten, well if that wasn't bad enough I know another idiot. (a family "friend")

And as it is cat related I can say what an idiot she is on this bored..

Anyway, she has currently has 3 cats. One's about 3, another about 18 months and another about 6 weeks.

Cat one is spayed so that's fine, although I recently found out she was two years behind on vaccinations until today  >:(

Cat two, well here's where the real rant starts. She acquired cat two from a friend who owned a cat (who was still a kitten herself) who had kittens, and couldn't keep any of them, and basically she took the mum. Ok, you take a cat that has just had a litter, what's the first thing you do?

Put your hands up if you know.

That's right you take it to the vets for a check up and get it spayed!!

Well guess what...?

Yeah you're right, she didn't do that.. Anyway Fast forward to about a month and a half ago... She comes home to find her cat is a mum again, yes that's right, she didn't even notice she was pregnant... Anyway, she had 4 little kittens... She decided to rehome them at 5 weeks, one of the kittens had only had one mouthful of proper food before it went!  >:( >:(

Next thing, she's letting the cat out, oh that's clever!! "Being chased by other cats" Hmm, yeah I bet they're the neighbourhood toms trying to get some action!!! Seriously. Think!"

If I could I would kittynap the cat and get it done myself, she had also not been vaccinated since she had been with her. However she lives quite far away so it's not that easy.. D'ya reckon I could give someone an anonymous tip off or something?..

Also she's letting the 6 week old sit by an open window thinking she'll be able to think fast and catch it if it goes out... And is putting cat one under general anaesthetic to be chipped because she thinks its cruel ok I guess that's fair enough....

I apologise for the frequent use of the word idiot..

I am in no way saying I am practically perfect in everyway, but some things are just common sense.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 01:33:47 AM by Annie »

Link to CatChat