Author Topic: Job moved - in a dilemma  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Job moved - in a dilemma
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 23:13:55 PM »
I dont know where you live and how hard the travelling is but I used to live in London and just from South London into the centre could take 2hrs on a bad day and most people i worked with travelled two hours minimum. So I guess its just what you are used to, unless it was too hard to do the journey , no way would I move.

Your cat should be fine though.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 18:54:59 PM »
Hi Helen  :smile:

There is a possible option thats about 30 miles the other way but its not as good a job and still involves travelling.  I would never leave the company. I have been with them for over 11 years and they have been very good to me up to now and I have worked hard to get to my position.  These days its a sign of the times to be moved and be ever more flexible.

:sigh: *sighs and gets on rightmove again*

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 17:20:23 PM »
Not sure if it would be an option for you, but if you don't want to move again have you considered looking for another job that's in the area you are in now?  I'm sure whatever happens Sam will be fine with whatever you have to do, it will probably impact more on you with all the extra travelling.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 16:07:12 PM »
Thanks for your replies.  I guess I am being a bit selfish as I am thinking of the 1.5 hours journey each way - which is on a good day, then doing a 9 hour day when I get there.  I would prefer to move if I can but having just gone through that trauma and barely settled and unpacked I dont relish that thought.  Regardless, Sam will be with me he will just have to get used to being housebound a bit longer during the day.  Thank goodness the light nights are coming for him.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 14:27:26 PM »
I agree with Sam, I am sure your Sam will be fine, just loads of toys and plenty of quality time when you  are in. Perhaps you could leave the TV on also.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 11:00:36 AM »
On no what a bummer!  To be honest Sam will be fine indoors all day as long as he has a couple of litter trays, some food and water I can pretty much guarantee that if you are out of the house for 11 hours he will sleep for 10½  :rofl: 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
Job moved - in a dilemma
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
I have just been told my job has moved over 50 miles away. 

I am feeling quite low as I have just moved house 2 months ago, paying a fortune in costs (about £5k) and just acquired my new furbaby Sam.  This means travelling for hours a day and out for 11 hours or move home.  I have only 2 months to sort it out and have no support for me or anyone to look after Sam until I am settled.  I am not going to give him up but just wanted to let off steam about it.  I am really feeling quite lost about it all.  :(

Link to CatChat