Author Topic: cheapest cat litter  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
Re: cheapest cat litter
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 13:57:53 PM »
I use the Tecso Value stuff. 95p for 8L(although last week it was £1.19)... I'm not a cheapskate! I am just exploring my options! Might try something else eventually.
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »
Tesco's cheapest one is actually 95p for 8litres at our local tesco at the mo!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 11:02:14 AM »
Might try the Tesco one, I am using TidyCat clumping at the mo, £2.19 for 10l and it used to last 2 weeks, only just started on it again (different cats now)
Please spay your cat

Offline Kimberley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 17:19:22 PM »
I have tried most supermarket cat litters both cheap and expensive and find the cheapest Tesco cat litter by far the best.  I have 2 cats and 2 trays and go through about one bag a week at under £1.50 a bag.  Tesco is easy to scrape the wet litter out and does not smell.  Unlike the Asda one, one wee and it stinks!!!

I also buy Tesco Cheapest at £1.75 a bag and it's very good..

Offline Charlie_Bear

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzy, Brandy, Kitty and Toby the Springer Spaniel
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 16:45:36 PM »
I use one large bag (17 kgs) of Worlds Best Cat litter in aabout a month or more with 3 cats, and it's £17 per bag (sometimes I get it for less). It's also flushable, and clumping. So it's basically £17 per month (or more) for 3 cats.

I have just seen this on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x20KG-PROBABLY-THE-WORLDS-BEST-CAT-LITTER-SUBSTITUTE_W0QQitemZ130069617573QQihZ003QQcategoryZ29853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 16:35:45 PM »
Wilkinsons fullers earth clumping litter

I cannot stand a fullers earth litter usually. However we occasionally go to peoples homes to feed their cats and recently we went to one house abs they had the Wilkinsons fullers earth and I thought to myself oh! no it will stink when we come back. I have to say it was one of the best litters I have known and there was absolutely no smell.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 18:44:31 PM »
The best litter I have found (and we have tried lots) is Wilkinsons fullers earth clumping litter £1.24 for a 10L bag ... no smells and clumps very well.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 18:41:17 PM »
I use Smartcat paper litter, £7.45 for a 30Lt bag.
I use a bag a week but then i am over fussy and change my trays too many times a day and i prob over load them too lol

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 18:38:47 PM »
Hmm good idea Gillian, i hadnt thought of that!
  :thanks:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 16:56:03 PM »
I buy chick crumbs at £7.50 for 20kg sack - lasts ages for my 10 (6 trays)

Chick crumbs are clumping - they look and act just like Worlds Best, but soooo much cheaper! I love 'em! been using them for around 8 months now, and just wish I'd found 'em sooner!

I get them from Jollyes, but any animal feed type shop will have them.

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 16:44:06 PM »
I have tried most supermarket cat litters both cheap and expensive and find the cheapest Tesco cat litter by far the best.  I have 2 cats and 2 trays and go through about one bag a week at under £1.50 a bag.  Tesco is easy to scrape the wet litter out and does not smell.  Unlike the Asda one, one wee and it stinks!!!
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 15:31:32 PM »
I've got 4 cats and 3 trays and I spend about £20 a month at the moment I am using this from ebay but recently went to a talk by Vicky Hall and she raved about the waitrose clumping which I have just got and it was £3.99 for 5 litres, if my maths is right it should bring litter costs down to £16 per month but who knows!  anyway this is the flushable one I have been using from ebay (thanks for Sam for the link!)
Quote from: Dawn F on January 18, 2007, 01:20:31 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Clumping-CAT-LITTER-55lb-25kg-organic-odour-free_W0QQitemZ220072876253QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29853QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Kezza

• Adult Cat
  • Barney
    • Barney Piccies
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 15:30:51 PM »

I was buying Catsan because I was recommended it of the keeping the oders at bay but it was costing me a fortune too!!

I've been trying out Tesco's cheapy blue & white stripe stuff at £1.55 a bag... What I'm doing at the moment is using the cheap stuff for most of the tray and then mixing a bit of catsan with it...

All seems OK for the moment!!

Offline tan160581

• Adult Cat
cheapest cat litter
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 14:35:31 PM »
i have 4 cats and i seem to spend £30 a month on cat litter, i ve used clumping and am now using clumping wood and i use a huge £15 bag in 1.5 weeks
is this normal is this what other people spend o cat litter?

What are yr tips for cat litter,best buys,what lasts the longest in multicat households, or do u use,make yr own

advice would be apreciated

Thanks

Tania

Link to CatChat