Author Topic: where can I buy some nice flourescent cat collars from?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: where can I buy some nice flourescent cat collars from?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2008, 17:47:01 PM »
It may be a bit late once the car lights hit the collar, dont put your faith in the reflective aspect preventing an accident  :(

I think this comment goes into the "should I let my cat go out after dark?" debate. And although I see what you're saying I'm sure that Suzanne has put a lot of thought into allowing her cats outdoors after dusk.

Yes it is but not everyone considers it, for many its a normal thing to put the cat out at night.
Just gets to me everytime i pick a dead cat off the road that could have been prevented if it wasnt out galavanting in the early hours  :'(
Each one seems to affect me more  :(

I have a little tyke too and she drives me mad!! :sigh:

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
It may be a bit late once the car lights hit the collar, dont put your faith in the reflective aspect preventing an accident  :(

I think this comment goes into the "should I let my cat go out after dark?" debate. And although I see what you're saying I'm sure that Suzanne has put a lot of thought into allowing her cats outdoors after dusk.

I don't like them being out after dark, and normally only let them if its a really hot evening as its cooler for them to sleep outside. they are normally only in next doors garden so I'm not too worried.  I just like them having a flourescent one as my little black cat normally runs out in front of our car when we come back home all excited!!!  obviously we try to keep them in when we go out but hes a little tyke!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 17:59:35 PM »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2008, 16:43:53 PM »

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 14:31:14 PM »
http://www.kittycollars.co.uk/reflective-cat-collars.htm

or ebay http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/___W0QQ_nkwZcatQ20collarQ20withQ20bellQQ_sopZ12   ... please ensure they are quick release SAFETY collars

a-ha!!! thanks for the ebay link they have some collars on there I used to have (the mice one!) before mine 'lost'theirs!

thanks everyone for your replies

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 14:16:47 PM »
Sadly, there are a lot of petshops still selling livestock. I don't necessarily agree with it either, but have the same issue as you with regards to having a big black tom that has indoor/outdoor access 24/7. (He's one of my four.)

PAH was the most reasonably priced, best range I found.  :)

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 13:45:34 PM »
Pets at Home do some lovely reflective collars for £1.99. They are breakaway fastening too. :)

yes think i may end up going there, but trying not to as I don't agree with them 'selling' rabbits :(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 13:30:26 PM »
Pets at Home do some lovely reflective collars for £1.99. They are breakaway fastening too. :)

Offline Beatrix Potter

• Adult Cat
where can I buy some nice flourescent cat collars from?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 13:05:44 PM »
Hello

I need to get a couple of new collars for my two cats, one is black suicidal so I need them to be flourescent!!!! have tried kittycollars but the flourescent ones are gawdy and petsbitsonline only seem to have one I like!

thanks
Suzanne

Link to CatChat