Author Topic: Message for Rebecca (Beccaviola) - how's Ollie?  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Message for Rebecca (Beccaviola) - how's Ollie?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 20:39:20 PM »
Me again - I've PM'd you about Ollie  :Luv: and our lessons  :evillaugh:, Rebecca

C
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 17:35:38 PM »
I'm very pleased to hear that Ollie is continuing well  :). I can see your dilemma - would CP help out with Ollie's regular costs as he is so settled and well-cared for with you, do you think?

NB I've just edited my starter post as I meant to put a ! after Happy New Year, not a ?  :-[
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 17:29:10 PM »
Oi!

I'm here  ;D

Ollie's doing mostly-OK, he was looked after by my neighbour and my PA over the holidays and reportedly had some pretty horrendous diarrhoea while in their care  :sick: but he was pleased to see me and is even better now he's had another steriod jab.

He seems really stable at the moment, as long as he gets his steroids about fortnightly - I'm doing them at home now as he gets so upset about going in the carrier to the vets - which is actually quite weird. I had been nearly sure he'd have died by now and he's pretty much as good as ever. Which leaves me with a bit of a dilemma: I honest-to-god don't want 3 cats, 2 and a foster is fine but I can't afford 3 and my house isn't reeeeeeally big enough, either. But Ollie's hardly the ideal candidate for rehoming; a suspected brain tumour and steroid injections fortnightly is a bit much to ask people to take on, even though - thank gawd - the cost of those is covered by CPL.

I've had him for getting on for 3 months now and he's a lovely lad - I really don't know what the best course of action is.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 13:51:33 PM »
Why, what have you got against Rebecca, Gill?  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 13:39:16 PM »
 :rofl: I am really interested in how this goes  ;D

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Message for Rebecca (Beccaviola) - how's Ollie?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 13:37:32 PM »
Happy New Year, Rebecca!  How is little Ollie?

PS I need to get in touch with you to arrange your nightmare of having me for a distance learning student  :evillaugh: I'll do that by PM...
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 17:30:40 PM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat