Author Topic: Reflection and hope  (Read 2095 times)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
Re: Reflection and hope
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 21:11:18 PM »
Teresa, you are truly inspiring and the work you do with all wonderful furbabes is fantastic.  I hope 2007 is a super year for you and all the furbabes lucky enough to have found new homes  :)

Offline cat campbell

• Adult Cat
  • Campbell as a kitten
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 20:40:29 PM »
Hi Teresa, what a lovely & touching thread you started here. You have been an inspiration to me ever since I joined Catchat. I remember when I was answering all the Catchat emails for a couple of weeks; everytime I had a problem, couldn't cope, didn't know what to do next, or simply needed a friendly bit of advice - you were the one I contacted. I hope 2007 is good to you Teresa.

Take care,

Paul, CatCampbell & Alfie xxx
Cat xxxxx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 20:39:02 PM »
Such good work and at times so heartbreaking and I am sure that 2007 will bring more of the same from the never ending conveyor belt of needy purrs.

You do a wonderful job and I am sure all the kittys in lovely homes down to you and all those on the Bridge, wish you a Happy New Year and wish you the strength to continue helping those who need it most.

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 20:08:42 PM »
I,m staggered reading this....you are truly devoted and definately an inspiration    I can,t believe you even had the time to give me so much support on the phone Teresa....Thankyou. Well, what goes around comes around and I hopefully may be able to repay your kindness in some way next year. It,s amazing that your only about 5 miles from me.......I can,t wait to see you. Thankyou for everything,people like you are shining stars....much love and hugs ,see you in 2007 love Jayne x x  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :thanks:l

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 17:14:22 PM »
Carol the beautiful Destiny found her perfect home with a wonderful middle aged couple who idolise her,she has since filled out and is full of confidence,think I posted some pics of her in her new home on Catchat.
Minimopsical uses puppy training pads in a big 3 sided gardening tray to do her toilet,not sure who it was that asked for towels but you will find they are always welcome at rescues, luckily I was donated a pile by the lovely lady who adopted Rosey.

Best Wishes everyone, lets hope we all have the strength and courage to continue the fight

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 16:14:38 PM »
My very best wishes for the New Year and the continuation of your wonderful work long into the future, Teresa. So many cats owe their lives, health and happiness to you!

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 15:58:42 PM »
What wonderful work you do Teresa.  Long may it continue. I remember some of those stories from CC.  Did the lovely Destiny find her forever home?  I seem to have lost track of that one but I know I fell in love with her.  :hug: :hug: :hug:

On a different theme.  Somebody on CC wanted old towels because of a cat that couldn't use litter.  Was it you?  I went to the sales yesterday and snapped up bargain towels so now have a cupboardful (literally) of old ones looking for a home.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2006, 11:00:57 AM »
What a touching post Teresa, I hope that you can find the strength to carry on too, you are an Angel to soo many needy babes, and it doesn't bear thinking what would happen to them without people like you.
Please spay your cat

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Reflection and hope
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2006, 10:45:44 AM »
January saw us waist deep in rubbish rescuing Precious, Chica and Mylo poor Precious had had kittens and they had been disposed of at birth.
February our beautiful Iris was killed on the road and 2 days later we were sent the beautiful Mattie who needed a lifetime of love and happiness crammed into 10 days, Mattie had squarmous cell carcinoma and touched the hearts of us all.
In March the load was lightened when Randy and Roo came along,who could possible forget that pair love at first sight,Randy`s serenades and Roo`s antics with the kitchen roll,all x rated stuff.
April brought along poor sweet battered little Destiny.
In May the heartbreak of yet another S.C.C. girl and an endless stream of kittens.
In June our wonderful old dog Polly was Pts following a series of strokes.The very wild Elliemay and her beautiful babies arrived and it was a case of stretching our elastic walls to accomodate Chelsea and her greenhouse babies.
July brought Winnie and Polly, two ferals whose litter mates had been killed by dogs, and also Rosey with the collar injury.
August brought tragedy in the form of Gypsy a feral mum who came in with a virus only one of her litter was to survive, and poor Halleberry who lost all of her babies.
During September the beautiful Sabrina kept us busy with her 4 babies and taught us to smile again.
October found Madras dumped in a box on a busy road.
November Growee lost his year long fight with mouth cancer
December Cleo lost her year long fight with Polycystic kidney disease and Cringle still unclaimed adorns our kitchen.
So many more to remember yet too numerous to mention.
A lot of sadness, but at the end of the day there are far more tears of happiness for all the lucky ones who now have wonderful new homes.
My hopes for 2007 that I can find the strength to carry on.

Link to CatChat